1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in "the one"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Jan 13, 2008.

?

Is there only one?

1. Yes, only one

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. No, more than one

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Other (explain)

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

as in, is there one person who you're destined to be with and/or you can never truly love more than one person in your lifetime? Personally, i think you can have multiple "ones" :wink: but, what do i know.

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in the few. The very few. But I don't believe it's limited to just "one." People are too multi-faceted for there to be just one.

3. hilariOus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay I think this sounds very weird but I believe that somewhere there is THE ONE ;D but i also believe that there will be more than one ;D

4. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I would not call it being destined to love someone. Yes, I do believe you will truly love more than one person in your life and I believe you can truly love multiple people at the same time. Where some great difficulty can come from is always trying to cobble everything into standards or stereotypes we have accepted without question. As we evolve in our lives we need also evolve in our society, so in order to do that, we need to do things differently.

5. Grof142007

I belive there IS THE ONE but u might find mini ones along the way

6. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I believe there can be the one,until someone else comes along,then I'm sure it will be questionable whether or not the one you are with is truly your one or just another one.

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there may be a few people, but i would like to believe there is that one person who stands above them all, and thats the one you spend your life with.

8. Hollywood

as big as a romantic as i am and i love the idea of a soulmate, i believe there are multiple people that you could spend the rest of your life happily in love with.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is a difficult question. I tend to believe we have more than one soulmate. The thing is one soulmate may be suitable for you when you are 20 but somebody else may be more suitable for you later in life. We change as we grow older.

10. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well there can't be only ONE person out of ALL the populations lol.

There's gotta be more than one :slight_smile:

11. xxAngelOnFirexx

yeah i do. i see myself with one true love getting married and being together forever. thats why i want to stay a virgin until i find her. it will make it more special. but if like there is a tragic accident like a car crash, or such i think its okay to find another soul mate because your one love won't want you to be lonely forever. <3

12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I think the concept of "soulmates" doesn't suit my tastes. I adhere to many beliefs, one of which in reincarnation. If i am to be reborn on this earth and learn new lessons each time, but yet be stuck with one person each and every lifetime, well that hardly seems to be a "learning" process. Do you catch my meaning?

I chose "other" as i don't even believe in multiple "ones".

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only one out of over 6 billion? Doesn't seem likely.

14. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

i think that you can love a great number of people in a way that would make you blissfully happy for the rest of your life with them, but perhaps there is one that would make you happier than anyone. in my opinion though, you don't need to find that single one "soulmate" to lead an incredible life

15. Ty

Ty Guest

My idea's the same as Kovax's except I think that theres not going to be just ONE person who can make your life better than any other. Theres gonna be plenty of people out there that are perfect for you.

16. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. If there was just one, there would be no problems to work out, and if it was perfect, with nothing to work through together, it wouldn't be all that much of a relationship.