1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love those little moments...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nemo39122, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Nemo39122

...that help you believe that maybe, just maybe, things will get better someday.

Yesterday I made plans to hang out with one of my best friends as well as a few other people. Well, this friend just happens to be gay. My dad overheard me mention to my mom that I was going to hang out with her...I don't even want to repeat some of the homophobic things he said.

Earlier that day, my mom was talking to me about my brother's college graduation, and just mentioned a particular friend that was sitting in front of him during the graduation ceremony. This particular friend recently came out as bisexual. But of course, my mom at first referred to him as gay...then clarified, saying she thinks bisexual and gay are different, because being bisexual is "just PERVERTED!"....:That wasn't even close to the first time she's said things like that, but it hurts every time...:frowning2:

I'm not out to my parents, so they weren't referring to me...but that still hurts to hear. So I go to hang out with my friend today and her girlfriend came too. And so did 5 or 6 of their friends. They have friends. So I saw that it's possible to be out and still have friends. A mutual friend who is actually my karate instructor was there too...so I saw that if I ever came out, she wouldn't hate me. She wouldn't reject me.

This makes me think that maybe someday I can be myself...and everything will be okay. :newcolor: