1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your partners annoying habits...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ArcherySet, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

As much as we love our boyfriends and girlfriends, sometimes they have seemingly unbreakable habits that just tick you off, no matter how trivial they can be. Usually you do not discover these habits until you live together. By then its too late. So here are the things my boyfriend does that make me crazy.

1. He never reuses bath towels. Every time he showers he uses a fresh towel, so I'm using his second hand towels to keep our laundry cost down. Otherwise we would be doing laundry twice as often and wasting/time money on buying new towels. A clean bath towel hung to dry is good for 3-5 uses, especially since he doesn't have a labor job.

2. He leaves lunch containers closed on the counter/sink, after they have already spend a day in his lunch bag. We don't do dishes daily, its more a next day chore as we are busy. So sometimes instead of opening the lid, the food is left sealed and becomes rank really fast.

3. When he does laundry, he often just leaves it on the floor after its been dried instead of putting it away. Then our cats like to snuggle in the fresh, warm laundry and it gets covered in cat fur.

4. He does not throw away socks with holes in them, he just wears them.

5. He forgets to flush. Gross

6. He uses a new glass for everything. 1 for water. 1 for milk. 1 for juice. 1 for coffee. At the end of the day, there are 4 glass/mugs for 1 person.

7. He never dumps the garbage if it looks full, as he thinks the one who filled it should dump it. As I do the majority of the cleaning/cooking, often by the time he gets home from work, its level with the rim. So if I don't dump it, he will just add to it until it becomes a heap.

8. Doesn't properly turn off the tap. Often I wake up to running water long after he is gone.

I love him, but I feel like I'm living with a careless bachelor.

#1 ArcherySet, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Drakey

I hate that thing he does when he doesn't exist xD

3. Skies

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend refuses to leave my dreams. I tried talking him out of my subconscious but he's much too comfy in there. The bastard.

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

This so very much.

5. rg93

Dito, its annoying as hell. :dry: :icon_bigg

6. Gen

Gen

Wait Wait had to stop you at number one. I also refuse to reuse bath towels. I am I serious germaphobe and find it disgusting. However, I still have towels I had for years and they havent faded or anything so I'm not sure why you would need to by new ones specifically for that.

Now if it is a landry/money situation than I can see if he was using multiple towels a day(more than the average two, face and large). I on the other hand us a face/large a day for my showers. Another face for my actually face(changed every 2 days), and another large for whatever else(only changed 1 once a week). So I'm admit I go through alot of towels but it is fine for my situation. However, if it really is a money issue than thats different.

But ulitmately it is a preference sort of thing. Its not "bad" to reuse them but its technically not completely sanitary either. I can assure you that if he has always changed it daily, he probably always will. But the rest of the habits can be annoying lol.

7. JudasKissedHIM

:eek: Mate your BF sounds like me

8. Bolin

Ummmm, I can understand this one (and it actually seems like common sense), because...reusing towels that's already been used to clean your dirty body is rather disgusting. xD

I agree with this one wholeheartedly.

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Question: What's the point of taking a shower?

10. Ryukotsu

My boyfriends long distance :/ but he has a habit of getting distracted with video games and wondering off or getting really quiet

11. frostreaver

12. Lewis

I haven't got a boyfriend to share any annoying habits about, but had to comment because your boyfriend sounds just like me! xD

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2012 at 10:59 AM ----------

13. Emberstone

since, for now, he is imaginary (I am to busy with finishing my Associates, and preparing for my Bacholer), his annnoying habits are whatever I want them to be.

he likes to give me to silent treatment... alot...

14. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

What is disgusting about reusing a towel to dry yourself after you step out of the shower? You are just wiping moisture from your body, and you are already washed. There is nothing disgusting about it.

How exactly do you function in public washrooms? If you truly believe that reusing a towel is foul, then food courts, camp grounds, and hospitals should terrify you.

#14 ArcherySet, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If I were to move in with my boyfriend, I think I would annoy him way more than he would annoy me xD

He is usually the clean one and the responsible one while I'm usually more of the opposite when it comes to my personal space. It would be interesting to find out!

The only thing that he does that annoys the crap out of me is the way he drives, but maybe that's because I'm a grandma when it comes to driving xD he gets some serious rode rage, though. Its like, chill. We are going to get there either way!

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to critique this a little if you don't mind... My comments are in red.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2012 at 12:26 PM ----------

As for my dislikes, I too get irked that he doesn't exist yet :slight_smile:

18. UnsureOtaku

UnsureOtaku Guest

I'm dating a girl who is kind of gender bipolar (meaning one day, she classifies herself as a man, and the next she waked up all saprkles, rainbows, and puppies) and I guess it can be a bit annoying how much she complains about it, but I've rather gotten used to it.

19. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Yes we talk about it, but these are his habits and they are hard to break.

20. silkfrog1292

ditto to that