1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I bleach previously dyed black hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pace e amore, Jun 13, 2012.

1. pace e amore

About a month ago I dyed my hair black, I've been dying it black regularly since october but now I'm getting sick of it and I want to go back to either blonde like my hair naturally is or bleached blonde like eminem's hair used to be. So I bought this splat hair bleach but I want to make sure my hair isn't gonna fall out or anything when I use it. I'm not even sure if it will do anything because I've tried with peroxide and got no result whatsoever. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. pace e amore

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long is your hair? If it isn't that long I'd advise just growing it out. It isn't glamourous, but it's better for your hair in the long run.

Did you use box dye that you can get in most mega-marts? Or did you go to a salon and get it done? Is the bleach you got from a local mega-mart as well? In my experience with bleach, the main factor in color change is a combination of how long you leave it in and what level of blonde you wish to obtain (which is calculated and mixed accordingly to that specific shade of blonde).

It probably won't make your hair fall out, but certain factors may affect your hair's overall health, which is important.

Now I'm not a cosmetologist/ master colorist, but I am closely related to someone who is, so I have picked up a thing or two about hair. However, hair bleaching is a science unto itself, even within the hair-styling community.

4. It's not good for your hair, really, but you can strip the black dye out. I wouldn't recommend bleaching immediately after that though because you will FRY your hair.

You might be better off growing it out, however.

5. Deaf Not Blind

read the boxes.

ask a beautician or call the # on the box, Clarol has one.

if you try to bleach black hair it will ruin it...fried.

if you try to dye bleached hair it will absorb a lot but look fried.

it is best to lighten up a few shades not bleach out too much.

also the hair needs a lot of time months between stuff.

even a perm or too much heat from curling iron will fry over processed hair.

try leave in deep oil treatments and shampoo and conditioners that say for damaged hair.
    conditioners do help, but not cure.

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

SPLAT will get your hair bleach colour again, trust me. However, many segments will be fried and will require frequent deep conditioning to re-strengthen it. My advice? Though you may not like it, going with slightly more gradual colour changes will be better for you. Yes, it will take a few days but isn't that better than having totally whacked-up damaged bleach-fried hair?

7. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I don't really trust myself with bleach, so when I wanted the black gone I went to a salon! The hairdresser stripped the color out and the final product was a nice brown-red color.

8. Deaf Not Blind

9. Kirakishou

Yeah, definitely strip the color out. Bleaching dyed hair is a pretty big no-no.