1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Driving lesson!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vampyrecat, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Vampyrecat

YAY!
    Zomg, I had my first driving lesson today! At home, in the paddock, in the 4wd. It was fun. I was driving while mum and dad collected haybales and throwing them onto the trailer. I had so much fun. I only stalled once! lol, I wasn't expecting to be told to be the driver.
    It was a manual. I forgot to leave the handbrake off at one point.

So what was your first driving experience? good or bad???(!)

#1 Vampyrecat, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. biisme

good job!!!!!!!!!

my experience was fun. i drove an automatic :icon_bigg

3. Grantious

My First drive was fun... it was a mistake to go straight on the road first time but so it was nerve racking.... i sware i though i was going to scrape somones car.... , yeah but it was sooo fun... after i stoped sweating
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

My first was freaky and fun.
    Me and mom were driving in the snow,I took a turn and los control of the car for a second,but managed to regain control.

5. Nodnarb

Ahhh...the first time I ever drove. Well, I was going along the road by the golf course and two deer come running up along the side of the road. I panic but dad told me to just keep driving. For a couple hundred yards they run along beside the car, but eventually they get a long ways ahead, then the cross the road and run up through the grass in front of the school. I thought I was done dealing with them, but as I get to the intersection of the front parking lot of the high school and the fieldhouse parking lot, they came running from the other side of the parking lot and crossed the road and jumped into a ditch and ran into a little apartment complex area. I was so freaked out and I wasn't really paying attention to where I was driving the whole time because of them. Thankfully, there wern't many other people driving in that area that day...

6. CrimsonThunder

My first driving experience was bad but fun, it was about 1:00 at night after work and I asked if I could drive the car (I was about 15 I think) And it was a managers car too. I was driving around the shopping centers car park where my work is and I stalled it right in the middle of the padestrians crossing on the opposite side of the road that i was meant to be driving on. Lucky it was night time. ;D

7. Woot! Sounds like fun, congrats.
    My first time was not so great, we were driving on a "back road", although there was a fair bit of traffic including a police car and they didn't notice I was behind the wheel lol! So anywho it was a manual and I was having trouble with the gears because it had one of those really stupid sticks that just wobble around and I pretty much drove us into a dry creak, -___- we only didn't go over the edge because my mum grabbed the wheel.
    The reason I almost drove us over was because I had to look at the gear stick to change it and I guess my mum was watching me thinking I was watching the road. I'm such a chicken I haven't driven since lol.

8. justjoshoh

Ah my first driving lesson, hmm some 12 years ago, was good. Dad took me to an empty parking lot and I drove around in it. It was interesting to be in charge of a 2000 lb (give or take) steel machine. The first time I drove a manual transmission vehicle though, in that same parking lot about two years later, I decided that I did not have enough feet to work all three pedals (though I only drive with one foot in a automatic transmission vehicle).

9. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Would you believe that I am 23 and I have NEVER driven a car. Sad, I know.

10. Louise

(!) (!) (!) good for you (!) (!) (!)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. My first driving lesson was with my mum (an yes we did have cars back then!) but she forgot to tell me to press on the clutch before braking so, she said brake and come to a stop and I ended up Kangaroo hopping down the road and stalling the car with my mother shreeking incoherently in my ear! :eusa_doh:

So to answer you question... YES very good first time:icon_bigg

11. pirateninja

I had my first driving lesson last week. I have my second one tonight.

Twas mucho fun :grin: But going on to gear change this week, Yikes! :eek:

12. SpikySpice

My 1st driving lesson was when like in the Fall last year, it was 1st tiem drivign, but my dad took me out to the supermarket's parkinn lot nearby, and I just drove around and then Ia sked him if I could get out on the street, and it was kinda nervous cuz like cars were drivign around that place , and dad just kept pissing off cuz I just kept hitting the pedal , it was fun

But I havnet touched teh wheel till today.....