1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden interest in Disney?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hey

I just thought I'd let people know about something weird that's happened to me, well maybe weird's the wrong word but its the one I am going with.

Anyways, here goes...

For some strange reason I've begun getting interesting in Disney stuff, classic Disney to be more specific. I mean I've only been collecting the dvds/blurays at the moment and I have one mug (Pocahontas). Myabe its down to my little niece getting interested in it.

Hell maybe it's just my gay side coming out :grin: but who knows

Not that it's a problem... Well except now I got the constant urge to go into the Disney store and by something, now that I've spotted this Mickey Mouse mug I want.

Just thought I'd tell you guys

Btw I collect dvds/blu rays as a hobby :roflmao: but never really started buying Disney ones till recently

Anyways. Rant over

(!!)

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    IT's not that weird. I'm not the biggest Disney fan, and I hate how they change the stories they adapt for their films (Pocahontas, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland) but their early stuff, the original stuff, and the stuff they do with Pixar tend to be pretty good.

I could go on a whole rant about the crap they change, but that's another topic.

What do you consider "classic?" A certain age? 'Cause really, some of their stuff is great- especially the hand-drawn animation.

3. Deaf Not Blind

hand drawn snow white was epic new innovation. talented.

4. IanGallagher

I'm bi. And Disney is awesome. But, me being bi has nothing to do with liking Disney lol. Just not into the princess ones... except for Little Mermaid & Beauty and the Beast. Let's face it, Disney has gone on forever for a reason. Especially when Walt was in charge. He was a true genius and it's actually kinda heart breaking that he only really got the respect he deserved after death - out of anyone he needs a biopic because his story is just as inspiring as his films are. Everyone, no matter the age, usually loves Disney.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I have never really considered disney to be "gay stuff", but its awesome that you are allowing yourself to be more open to things you might like. That's great :slight_smile:

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You mention liking Disney as though it is something uncommon and worthy of shame...

I myself have been a longtime fan, so welcome to the best part of being a perpetual child! Disney influenced (and continued to influence) me very much in my developmental years, as I am sure it did for millions of other children, both gay and otherwise.

But yeah, Disney is amazing. I'm jealous of your mug too! I collect mugs, and actually don't have a Disney one yet...

7. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I love, love, love Disney movies. :grin:

8. I actually have lots of Disney songs on my Ipod, a lot in other languages too. ^_^ I love Disney movies..... <3

It's cool that you're allowing yourself to open up to the things you like, not be ashamed. Btw, the Disney store kicks ass. :grin:

9. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Disney has always had a special place in my heart. Classic Donald Duck shorts still crack me up. Modern Disney animation (90s onward) have given us beautiful animated masterpieces. I can watch The Little Mermaid and Aladdin (among others) over and over and not tire of them.

Its quality entertainment made with heart, and the kind of talent I can't even begin to wrap my mind around. Superb artists, clever writing (safe humor that's classy and not vulgar) and stellar voice work.

#9 ArcherySet, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  10. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think the gay part isn't liking Disney, it's liking the Princess stories and the musicals. But even though I don't care for that stuff, I recognize the great work they did.

I saw a 1929ish Halloween short about a skeleton dance- hand drawn awesome! Especially the scene where the skeleton leaps at the camera, which goes through the chest cavity. Blew my mind.

And the classic Mickey Mouse etc cartoons I've never seen, but I've read some of the comics, and they're cool!

11. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I think this might be my mindset since most of the Disney films I have and enjoy are princess stores aka Belle, Ariel, Pocahontas, Tiana, etc etc but thats not to say I don't like non princess Disney films either like Dumbo and Bambi

12. Noir

I'm not too into the princess ones, but I absolutely adore Mulan--it's the greatest!! :grin: I don't like the princess ones because now it feels like....there's no place for me watching them, you know? I liked them a lot more a a child when I was still growing up, understandably.

13. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's awesome that you love Disney. :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of 90s movies like The Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan, and Hercules. I've never been into the princess movies really. I don't think liking Disney is "gay", it's just an interest you have. :slight_smile: Disney music is wonderful as well!! I performed in a drag show to "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan.

I was a big enough Disney fan to pack up all my bags and go work for them for 5 months!! I might want to work there as a career. From everyone's posts, you can tell that you're not alone in your interest for Disney. :icon_wink

14. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love all Tim Burton films.
    I only love a cpl oth Disney movies.
    Often than not, I get mad at Disney.
    Disney has too much stereotyping and such.
    It makes me mad.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just for people to see because I've fallen completely in love:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F8ZJrfeohzU[/youtube]

One of the best singers around I've seen on YouTube and best Disney medley I've seen.

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh! and I have Disney posters on my wall + I watched the Disney Channel all the way up to about 3 years ago when the shows started sucking a lot. lol! this thread is fun.

Btw I like your signature line lol that is a good song.

17. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

thanking you :thumbsup:

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My bad:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ZJrfeohzU[/YOUTUBE]

19. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I love the Kingdom Hearts series, too, but I was reluctant to play it at first becaue of the Disney. But it was also done by Square, with Final Fantasy Characters in it, so I focused on that part more.

20. Level75

There are things about some of those childhood movies that you don't think much as you watch them for the first time. But they make my head spin when I think about them now that I'm older. Like Jasmine and Aladdin bonding in his rooftop hideaway. At first, it's like "Aw, how sweet, if only they knew..."

Now, I can't stand that scene. "Aw, the rich girl is complaining about having too much money to a street beggar. Someone get a violin."

I am fond of the Kingdom Hearts games though. If only because watching Donald Duck shoot fireballs at Cloud is worth the price alone.

#20 Level75, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012