Symptoms of GID:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

What Are the Symptoms of Gender Identity Disorder?

Children with gender identity disorder often display the following symptoms:

Expressed desire to be the opposite sex (including passing oneself off as the opposite sex and calling oneself by an opposite sex name).
    Disgust with their own genitals (Boys may pretend not to have a penis. Girls may fear growing breasts and menstruating and may refuse to sit when urinating. They also may bind their breasts to make them less noticeable.)
    Belief that they will grow up to become the opposite sex.
    Rejection by their peer groups.
    Dressing and behaving in a manner typical of the opposite sex (for example, a female wearing boy's underwear).
    Withdrawal from social interaction and activity.
    Feelings of isolation, depression, and anxiety.
    Adults with gender identity disorder often display the following symptoms:

Desire to live as a person of the opposite sex.
    Desire to be rid of their own genitals.
    Dressing and behaving in a manner typical of the opposite sex.
    Withdrawal from social interaction and activity.
    Feelings of isolation, depression, and anxiety.

2. Martee

Martee Guest

Those are most prominent...with just two outstanding symptoms does that mean one possibly has GID?

3. Deaf Not Blind

if you only cross dress you could just be a cross dresser, or if it was a turn on sexually i read there are other things it is called.

but if you have most these, as unfortunately i had all, its very likely they will find you are transexual. a doctor is wiser to tell us, but I'm going to list more i find here.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2012 at 10:34 PM ----------

What Are the Complications of Gender Identity Disorder?

If not addressed, the disorder can cause a poor self-image, social isolation, and emotional distress. Untreated, the disorder can also cause severe depression and anxiety, and can interfere with an individual's ability to function, leading to problems in school or work, or with developing relationships.
    Gender Identity Disorder

FUCK! That has been happening, I have destroyed some friendships by not going out, and not doing any study or homework I failed to graduate. And I am not at all happy right now. I am living with garbage everywhere and not eating. I let food go bad. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2012 at 10:40 PM ----------

The disorder may affect:
    Choice of sexual partners
    Mannerisms, behavior, and dress
    Self-concept
    Gender identity disorder is not the same as homosexuality.
    Identity conflicts need to continue over time to be a gender identity disorder. How the gender conflict occurs is different in each person. For example, some people may cross-dress while others want sex-change surgery. Some people of one gender privately identify more with the other gender.
    People who are born with ambiguous genitalia, which can raise questions about their gender, may develop a gender identity disorder.

When to Contact a Medical Professional
    Make an appointment with your health care provider if you have symptoms of this disorder and want help, especially with anxiety and depression.

4. Deaf Not Blind

Associated Features and Disorders of Gender Identity Disorder

Many individuals with gender identity disorder become socially isolated, whether by choice or through ostracization, which can contribute to low self-esteem and may lead to school aversion or even dropping out. Peer ostracism and teasing are especially common consequences for boys with the disorder.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2012 at 11:42 PM ----------

The disturbance can be so pervasive that the mental lives of some individuals revolve only around activities that lessen gender distress. They are often preoccupied with appearance, especially early in the transition to living in the opposite sex role.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2012 at 11:50 PM ----------

YIKES!!
    That is me ever single waking moment!

5. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It's almost funny, but the social, emotional, and behavioral problems associated here with GID, I've developed long ago, for reasons not entirely related to GID. Maybe that's why it's not hitting me as hard as it could; I'm used to being depressed and alone.

6. Deaf Not Blind

awww! i not like to see peeps who are funny and nice alone.

i never had depression even when tortured bullied or had physical trama.

but i fear i am going into it this stupid dysphoria!! I'm going to take some actions to solve it.

7. Zontar

Should probably make it clear that the defining feature of GID is discomfort over your own gender.

If you have self-esteem and social problems, this isn't a symptom of GID alone and transitioning will not fix that case.

8. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    But I'm too funny (and funny-looking) and nice (and occasionally naughty), which is why I'm alone rather than associating myself with immature jerks who are mean and stupid. Not so much these days, though, now I'm just shy and don't like to talk , 'casuse my voice keeps reminding me I'm male.

Ooh! I should take up ASL so I don't have to hear myself!

That point should be emphasiesed; social and emotional problems aren't necessarily indicative of GID.

But it's common for those with GID to experince those problems as a result. In my case, I've had those problems for a long time. They're not all related to my sex, but some are.