1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay child.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KatoKumi, Jan 13, 2008.

1. KatoKumi

Well what would you guys do if your child was gay?

Would it be just natural for you, and it'd be easy to flow with it? Or are you planning for your kids to be straight?

I don't know; I'm talking about this with my friend. And honestly, I wouldn't know. If they were straight, they wouldn't have to experience some hinderances I've experienced, but I could connect with them better. And if they were straight, maybe, in a way, their life would be easier[?]

Lol I'm not sure, uh, post away@@
    :slight_smile:!

2. justjoshoh

Well, I am not exactly planning on kids at this point. Nonetheless, would it not be hypocritical to be anything but supportive of them? I would like to instill a set of values that would help them select good choices, but I would not attempt to alter their sexuality.

3. JSG

JSG Guest

If my kids are gay I'll kick them out of the house !!!
    ahem...

4. KatoKumi

I didn't mean it to seem like you were going to try to alter your child's sexuality. Because I believe you can't change it anyway. I think it's just natural orientation towards the same sex. I don't think it's even caused by nurturing; so I'm sorry if I made it seem that way.

._.

5. chrisb

I would be surprised because i'd probably assume just like my parents that my kids would be straight.... not because being gay isnt natural just that i wouldnt expect gay kids from gay parents....but i would be very accepting and would probably feel weird giving them advice though and i would probably be a little harder on them then i would my straight kids because i'd know what they meant when they try to lie haha

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't plan on having kids, but if one of them were gay, I would support them in it accept them for who they are.

7. Hollywood

agreed

8. sexyalex

hypocrite :dry: :dry: :dry:

9. CelebrityHead

Clearly he was joking! :lol:

10. CrimsonThunder

I would be extremely happy for them and ensure they know all the correct details.

11. SpikySpice

If Im gay liek this and have a child and he is gay, tehn of course Im gonna help him using my knowledge and understandign and my pass experience to help him,.

If Im a straigth person and he's gay then I must be shock to knwo that he is gay but as liek may other straight parents, I'll have to accept who he is cuz I know nothing in this worl that I do can chnage him, cuz he was borned like that's it's like goign against the rule of nature

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same.

I wouldn't assume they were straight or gay. I would just hope they find somebody they can spend their life with, regardless of whether they are a same-sex couple or not. :slight_smile:

13. Urman

Urman Guest

I want kids so idk but i don't know how that would work out but anyways i would accept them for who they are and i would love them as just as much as before and i would try to give them the best advice that i can.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Details? For example:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And besides, if you had kids and they were gay, they'd think it natural anyways, since you'd be with another man......

15. Connor

Connor Guest

I'm definitely not having children, ever. But if I had children I'd be absolutely delighted if I got a gay one.

16. I'd love to have a child or two when I'm ready but whether they're gay or not wouldn't change anything about them. And I can't exactly plan for them to be either straight or gay because I'm sure no matter how hard I tried I wouldn't be able to change them just like no one's going to be able to change me.

17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Exactly the same for me.

18. Ty

Ty Guest

Lol if my kids are straight, im kicking 'em out of the house :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. pirateninja

I don't plan on having kids, although if in the future with a partner and we fancy adopting, and it turned out they were gay, I would definitely support them.

20. Alexander

I love people, not because I am necessarily like them, but because they are human too. Would I care if they were straight or gay? Nope.

That said, I'm DEFINITELY going to adopt or foster kids, if I have a partner or not.