1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What IS Wal Mart?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Jan 14, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

Ive heard about it, do they sell like wall stuff there?

#1 TyraBanksIsFierce, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  2. dictionary

LOL paris hilton if i am correct?

3. Louise

I'm guessing that you are not from nor have been to America. Well if you are from England I would compare WalMart to Tesco and Woolworths all rolled into one. That should give you a general idea. If you come form anywhere else, sorry, can't help you here.

4. davo-man

If you are from Australia, I think it's kind of like K-Mart, Big W, Target, Coles, Woolworths and Foodland all put together, but I've never been to America so I can't be sure...Actually there's a really good movie called "Where The Heart Is" starring Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, and Stockard Channing (Rizzo) about a girl that is homeless, so lives in Walmart (undetected by the owners) and gives birth to her baby there, which is then dubbed the "Walmart Baby"...It's a really good movie, so check it out!

5. chrisb

So i didnt know what to say this but i think that movie sounds awesome i shall rent it LOL

6. Étoile

I love 'Where The Heart Is'. It's a really good movie. After watching that, I now know where to go if I ever become homeless.

7. SpikySpice

Wal Mart is gettign so rich now they have many distribution branches. Have you watched the South Park episodes bout tehy burne down Wal Mart cu zit's dangerosu to the town people cuz tehy always go shoppign in Wal Mart cu zthe cheap prizes

Cheap prizes are low quality stuffs,

And theyre bout to build one in my country :confused:

8. panda

Wal Mart is now one of the world's largest sellers of organic products.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahh Walmart...as mentioned in another post, I'm a closet Walmart shopper. I hang out with all these progressive people all the time who absolutely hate Walmart and refuse to shop there. They are controversial because they supposedly don't treat their employees right and they hurt small business. Anyway, their stuff is very inexpensive. So usually you will find alot of low income people in there. You can get a shirt for $7.00 or a pair of pants for $12. I buy all my laundry soap and baby formula there because its so much cheaper than anywhere else. The Super Walmarts carry groceries, have nail salons, banks, photography studios, ect.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Wal-Mart have a branch over here under the name of Asda, which is currently I believe the cheapest shop in england atm... or maybe it was tesco's....hmmm

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Tesco and Asda both claim to be the cheapest. In practice with a typical trolley of groceries the total will be about the same. They highlight where they are cheaper but not where they are more expensive.

12. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

WALMART IS THE WORST CORPERATION ON THE PLANET EARTH

For real, I have been fighting the construction of one near my house for almost a year! I HATE THEM.

13. chrisb

i've always found it weird how people complain so much about construction of stores and then when time passes and no more construction they go shop there lol

alot of us have been wanting a wal mart here in my area for ages but the people who dont want it make it where it wont happen they piss me off....i can understand there reasons but damn not all of like to drive a long ass way to shop cheap LOL

14. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are more Wal-marts than U.S. military bases in the world. that is what Wal-mart is.

15. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

there better be more Wal-marts, there are more U.S. military bases than england and france. there are more mcdonalds. thats was a stupid thing to say, obviously considering walmart is one of the biggest corperations.

16. TyraBanksIsFierce

isnt there like 60 something mcdonalds outlets in MAnhattan Island?

17. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Ok here's the thing, I hate Wal-Mart. Where I grew up north, they didn't have them. When I moved to Georgia, I went once with some of my friends as kind of like an adventure. I'm not a regular customer, and I never will be.

This will be their fourth store in my town (two of them are nicely abandoned), and I won't stand for it. And would you really like to have one less than a mile from the entrance to your neighborhood and deal with all that traffic? No, didn't think so.

18. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Wal-Mart is a place where they sell walls =P. I been their once they have EVERYTHING! I MEAN EVERYTHING EVEN PETS! I WAS LIKE OH EMMM GEEEE. And good prices too for everything lol....did i mention they have everything? It's like God's supermarket lol.

19. chrisb

Honestly i think people who drive just like to complain alot........there will always be traffic deal with it lol

20. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

You've never seen traffic in Georgia. The population exploded and they didn't widden the road to deal with it. It's unfair that a trip that used to take three minutes from my house would start taking twelve or thirteen just so they can build another store they'll just abandon in five years. Wal-mart thrives off people like you.