1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teachers.. and crushes xD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chickzak, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Chickzak

Hehe this is curiousity question I was just wondering about. Does anybody know what a teacher is likely to do if they realise a student is crushing on them?

:lol: Its funny, because I was tempted to ask a random teacher in school, but decided against it. Haha! Didnt want them to think they should be worried about me.. or anything..

So what do you think? Do they just make a note of it to a different teacher in case the student goes beyond the crush in any kind of way or ignore it? Sometimes, or most of the times, nothing happens.. its just a crush. But other times if a student decides to act on it and gets caught, the teacher is likely to be questioned a lot more and has a lot to lose. What do they do if they realiase at the very start?
    I'm genuinely really curious about this xD

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While I was in high school, I never had the pleasure of having any hot teachers. However, during spring term at college, I was fortunate enough to stare at an extremely hot professor in two of my communication courses for ten weeks. It was quite hard to pay attention half the time.

Anyway, I undoubtedly wouldn't say anything to them or let them know I'm crushing on them. It's likely that nothing good is going to come out of it, except for maybe a ton of awkwardness.

3. Derpette

I told one of my teachers I'm in love with her a week ago, mostly because she'll be leaving and I wanted her to know. She was so much accepting that I couldn't even believe it. She told me that she was flattered and that she wishes me to find somebody who would love me back. Then she told me that she won't tell anybody.
    It meant so much for me and I'm so glad I told her, it wasn't awkward at all. But idk if any other teacher would be so accepting, this is just my personal experience.

4. Deaf Not Blind

wow she was nice.

generally a guy can get fired if a student decides to lie even that they were just touched or kissed in any way. it destroys their dreams of teaching forever.

please pass it on to try not to flirt with a teacher in high school, and not try to tease/tempt them with revealing clothes. and if they get a bad grade and want revenge NEVER lie to school officials that he tried stuff, cuz it is NOT a game, it is very serious and you are too stupid to do that! Yes, i knew a crazy B*tC# who did that.

5. needshelp

having crushes on teachers is cool but if i was a student of theirs and they had my future in their hands, i would just let it be a crush. even if i were to graduate and see them on the street, i dunno.

6. toms7

i think is better for student and teacher both to not do anything but if i could do something with a teacher i would definately do omg !!! i just would be very careful .

7. Chickzak

:lol: I think I need to clarify my question a tiny bit. Haha this is so typical of me, I ask one question and it comes written out as something else xD
    My question is: If a teacher suspected a student, whether it be a girl or guy, has a crush on them, would they report it? Or not?
    And if they do report it, what does it mean for the student - eg. Do teachers pay more attention to them?

=P Thanks for the responses anyway guys!

8. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ah, you mean something like going to their principal and saying "just so you know, I'm not going to do anything but I get the impression student x is liking me a bit too much" so there's a record if they get accused of something later?
    Excellent question, maybe the "department for education" (in the UK) would have the answer for ya (there might be legal requirements about disclosure that vary from state to state country to country etc).

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crushing on teachers is *incredibly* common. Any teacher that's been teaching more than a year or two has probably run into the situation and should be equipped to deal with it in a professional and yet thoughtful way.

The concerns posted above about a student lying and ruining a teacher's career are overblown. While teachers do need to be careful, nobody gets fired just on the basis of one student's unsubstantiated claims; there is always some sort of corroborating information (someone who observed something, text messages or emails, changes in student's behavior, something) and so it's not nearly as grave as it's made out to be.

Crushes happen. As long as the student realizes that nothing's ever going to come of it, they are pretty harmless and very common.

10. Sayu

Well I would like to know if my teacher suspects I'm in love with her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And I don't think she would tell anybody if she actually knew. I mean, it would certainly lead to an awkward situation, wouldn't it?

Lol, now I recalled my teacher asking me how she looked (it was something like prom and she was wearing a dress) :grin:
    You know what I told her? "Hot!" :grin:

So, maybe she knows :slight_smile: But even if she does, she still treats me the same and is very kind to me :slight_smile:

11. joeyblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a teacher I had a crush on. Geez was she hot. Ms Bonds was her name. Me and another guy would sit in the back of class and make comments about her. I'm sure she heard us cuz sometimes her face would turn bright red. Never took it farther than that. I doubt it could have developed into anything as she was just recently married :-/ She never really treated us any differently. Also had a crush on my eighth grade algebra teacher. The things I'd of done to her given the chance...I'd assume that she would have had more to lose(than Ms Bonds) since I was underage, but heck I'd of gone to any length to keep people from finding out. May have been odd being around her daughter though cuz she was in the same grade as I was. If I had the chance to go back I would definitely at least try.

12. sanguine

so true

i had one of those awkward moments while my dad drove me to uni, the topic on the radio were ex students hooking up with teachers, it was graphical enough to get what was going on

so i decided to ask my friends what their thoughts were, and i dont even know why i was surprised when they also said they wanted to do the lab lady and the new young teachers who taught english in our final year of high school.

13. Deaf Not Blind

actually, yes they can be. i will not be posting names.
    please do take my statement seriously. just because in your school it is not so, my school it was.
    thank you for not judging.

14. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I've never really had any crushes on any of my high school teachers, except one, maybe. He was my high school civics teacher, and he also taught behavioral science. He was also a track and football coach. I was one of his favorite students because we would always play trivial pursuit in his classes every Friday for bonus points and I was the undisputed trivial pursuit champion back then. He just paid a lot of attention to me and he was really tan and buff, and he knew how to fill out a pair of khakis. So, you know.

I don't know if this counts because he isn't my teacher in the traditional sense, but I had a legitimate crush at first on my mentor at one of my internships. He's tall, 1/2 black and shaves his head totally bald. He graduated from the same university I'm attending now and we graduated from the same high school, but he's 10 years older than me exactly. He used to play basketball and football and he's a bodybuilder now and he's insanely muscular. It's complicated but I sort of accidentally set him up with my love, my best friend, and they're a couple now. He's more like a father figure to me now than anything else.

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fair enough. "Never" was too strong a word. "Very rarely" is more accurate (on a national basis, not just in my schools.)

Thank you for being passive-aggressive. :slight_smile: