1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicians! :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lewis15, Jun 18, 2012.

1. lewis15

Where are my musicians at? Because I know there are a lot of you out there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm mainly hitting on piano here, but other instruments are cool too.

Anyway, what I was wondering was: how many of you are composers (whether amateur or professional)? Or have certain songs that are really dear to your heart? If you have videos of original compositions or yourself covering a song (any song), I'd love to hear some.

Also, if you have any pointers about writing your own song, that'd be greatly appreciated. I'd love to, but wouldn't know where to start.

So, videos, links to scores, whatever.. Post it y'all :slight_smile:

2. Travel Tech

I love musicians, in a totally non-platonic way.

3. lesanalady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i sang all the way through school and now i dont have anywhere to sing plus dummy me became a smoker at an early age and it has totally messed my voice up. :frowning2:

4. KimberlyC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a video on my friends youtube channel that I will link here.
    It is an improv that he played over some pictures he had taken.
    [YOUTUBE]MEKRaACMHLc[/YOUTUBE]

#4 KimberlyC, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. Silver Sparrow

I used to play piano, and I still sing in school chorus and take voice lessons. I'm currently looking into buying and starting to play ukulele (my hands are too small for guitar), and I also write songs, although I haven't started recording any yet (no equipment).

6. Of Mice and Men

I play the piano, alto sax, and a little bit of trumpet.

One of my absolute favorite songs on the piano is Debussy's Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum . I also adore Reverie by Schumann and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (the third movement is the best 8D )

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play trombone, baritone and handbells.

I would have to say that my favorite song for piano or band arrangement would have to be "On a hymnsong of Phillip Bliss"

8. Snowy song

I'm a cellist! I also sing in choir. There's some stuff on YouTube, but that would link to my identity :frowning2: so I don't think I can post it.

9. Willisilliw

I know how to play piano, and used to play tuba...
    I love debussy's Claire de lune, it's one of my favorite songs to play.

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a classical musician! :slight_smile: I'm studying for a music degree at university. I play violin and I'm also an ameteur composer. I would post a video of me playing, but that's against the EC code of conduct. :frowning2:

11. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really a musician i think...I sing in musicals but thats about it lol. at the very least though i have a song that sings to me without trying...I dunno why but if you've ever watched pandora hearts and heard the song lacy thats played throughout that song has a brightness to it that helps me get through things sometimes (=

heres a link ^^
    Pandora hearts OST 26 - Melody (Lacie) DOWNLOAD MP3 - YouTube

12. secretguyX

I play tenor sax in school (though I may quit), and I'm teaching myself guitar. I used to play keyboard, and I may go back to it eventually. I sing sometimes, but only to myself.
    I also write some songs too. :slight_smile:

13. rene

I play tenor sax in school, but ive been learning other instruments on the side like trumpet, clarinet, trombone, piano, violin, cello, any type of sax, flute, i think thats it, oh i also play most percussion instruments. i'm going to study music when i go to college. i love music... ive also composed a few songs that were going to play this coming year in band at school..

14. Twisted777

Twisted777 Guest

I'm going to do my Grade six piano exam in about a month....I've accidentally become a classical pianist, oh well.
    Also, I've got Schubert's ave maria stuck in my head??

15. SleeplessS

Amateur composer..I guess, nah hard to call myself even that, I just play guitar and sing, write songs sometimes.

Myspace Music Player

16. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can play tenor saxophone (like a boss might I add)although i don't compose music or write songs I do sing ,but due to crippling stage fright never in front of a large crowd..

17. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It used to be my main ambition to be a professional musician. I played guitar in a band, we did shows and had 2 CDs. I was really rather good, if I do say so myself. Then we split up and I kind of did my own thing but I don't sing so it was a bit difficult. And then some stuff happened in my life and I gave up, just like that. I haven't played in about 4 or 5 years. I picked it up about a year ago and I sucked. So now it just mostly makes me sad.

18. Hopeful

I'm a musician! I play the piano (have played since I was little), taught myself the flute 6 years ago and I'm now trying to learn the guitar. I can sing a bit, not very well, but I know someone who may give me some lessons. I have to get in touch with her... I also have a clarinet that I'd love to pick up someday as well as some percussion. I LOVE feeling the beat in great songs.

19. PawsUp456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I play the piano and violin, but I really want to learn them all. Instruments in themselves are fascinating, like how they work and all. I used to play alto sax too but that was back in the days of grammar school marching band....and we don't EVER talk about those days :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I've started to get into writing music too, scoring is always a er, fun thing to do! (amateur here)

20. Canis_Lupus

I dabble in a little bit of everything. All guitars (acoustic, electric and bass) drums and piano are my top three, with piano being my very top. I've never composed anything and it takes me a while to learn songs, or I know snippets of songs, this is due to my ADHD. My favorite songs are moonlight sonata and fur Elise by Beethoven, and I'm learning the luckiest by Ben folds. If you ever want to hear beautiful guitar, look up Andy McKee, his best song is called rylynn.