1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found out who my roommate is for college

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheAMan, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TheAMan

Well today I got an email from my college letting me know which dorm I will be in and who will be my roommate. They also put his contact info up for me so we can talk to each other before school starts. I'm kinda nervous but excited at the same time. I just hope he's cute and he's LGBT. That would just make me so happy.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

It's cool you got your assignment! But one caveat I'll give you: No offense, but that comment comes off as really shallow. There are MUCH more important things in a roommate than being cute (and even LGBT,) and, honestly, the last thing you want is a roommate that you end up having sex with. If things go wrong, you're stuck living with somebody in a very uncomfortable situation for the semester.

3. Drakey

yeah I got my roommate assignment too :slight_smile: mine is probably straight from what I've seen :frowning2:

4. King

King Guest

Also, your original post is total shot in the dark. He might be ugly, straight, and not interested in a relationship of any kind. My brother was matched to his roommate at college by personality, but his roommate and him never talked. Ever. Don't hold your breath about it.

King x

5. Deaf Not Blind

cool! i am still waiting to find out which dorm i get. there is a new one, with kitchen, i want it!! but i may get even more lucky and not have a roomy cuz I'm older than 24! :grin:
    if i do get a dormy, it will be a female. i am a guy, and so it will be different to live with a girl i don't know and she could end up being exact opposite of me.
    opposite of you, i wondered what if she stinks the room with hairspray and nail polish, and loud music and lots of posters of buff men and brings a new guy over every night drunk, and tries to hook me up with them? or what if she is very prudish or Mormon or JW, and figures out I'm Queer and becomes a missionary to me? who knows?

best of luck to you to get a nice new friend! Im going to be in DC, btw. And you?

6. phliper12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first college roommate was unattractive, annoying, and totally gay. Granted, he was still in the closet and dated a beautiful girl, but come on... everyone knew. Everyone just assumed he was gay the moment he talked or glanced at him. I'm just glad he moved to a different room soon after... he was a total SLOB.

7. Ascension

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha seems like you're hoping for a "bonus" feature with the appearances rather than the essential qualities like clean, decent, responsible type of person

Good luck with your roommate :slight_smile:

8. Cool! Hey, I TOTALLY, COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from. I hope for the exact same things, but end up pretty disappointed (in terms of having a sex partner for a roomy lmao, yeah...). But they're always nice guys who are friendly and accept me for who I am.

9. Deaf Not Blind

ah, but your school is in California! :wink:

10. @Deaf Not Blind: Me? Well, yes it is ;]

11. silkfrog1292

My roomate last semester....hmmm never met him, he's one of those assholes that's got a room but goes home at the end of the day...waste of space :frowning2:

12. Hawthorne

If I get this job my 2 roommates are like my best friends in the world I hope to everything I get it!

13. sugarcubeigloo

Good luck with college! :slight_smile: Make the most of it. I met some really great people while going. In terms of roommates, I have a friend from school who ended up dating her roommate. It didn't end very well, she ended up moving out halfway through the semester. Not saying that will happen to you, just something to think about. On a brighter note, I know everyone who's graduating will do great! :slight_smile:

14. TheAMan

I think everyone is misinterpreting what I said. Would I prefer for him to be cute, yes. However if he isn't I'll be totally fine with it. As a matter of fact I found him on Facebook yesterday and he's neither cute nor ugly and that's ok with me. As long as he has a great personality, is clean, and is a great student, that's all i really care about.

15. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow facestalker much hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: , but then again I would be suspicious as I would do the same, but all I can say is that hope he is not a jerk at all, especially not a homophobic.

16. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, neither cute nor ugly may be the best situation. You don't have to deal with the cute roommate who's "just not that into you" (or hetero). :lol:

I think most people are pretty okay. I've heard my share of roommate horror stories but they are very, very few. And if something awful does happen, you can always request a change in rooms.

Are you going to get in touch with him? It could be fun to say hi, figure out what to bring or not, or even to work out the whole "just so you know, I'm gay" thing beforehand, just to make sure that's not an issue. Assuming he's excited about going to college and wants to talk about it in the first place. :slight_smile:

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Technically he'd be saying "just so you know, I'm bi" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Deaf Not Blind

um a horror story is somebody i know was almost killed and his roomy did kill 2 others, for drug money. :/ and yes the killed were gays. go figure.

but now the odds went better for all us to NOT have psycho-roomies! Yeaa!!

19. Waffles

... THIS is why when I go to college, the first chance I get, I'm gonna search the room and make sure my roommate isn't out to kill me. If he is... well then I'll break his arms first. ( .w.)
    BUT that won't be necessary... because I know they won't try anything like that.
    ----------
    And congrats! Hope everything goes well with your roommate! (/.w.)/

20. Deaf Not Blind

^ hahaha! Yeah, check his background and read his diary!

well, I am sure I can handle any female. Im not scared.
    But I am jealous cuz one of the guys I know, who actually is gay, and he is going to my school, he got his roomy information yesterday. I still waiting. *sigh*