1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rooming situations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rene, Jun 20, 2012.

1. rene

soo im going on this youth prilgrimaging trip in like a week and on this trip were staying in multiple hotels and theres four girls to a room with only two beds so we either have to share beds (which im fine with) or find an alternative (sleeping in the bathtub or on the floor) i wanna know if i should tell my roomates that im a lesbian or if i shouldnt? suggestions?

2. King

King Guest

That's hard to answer. You certainly don't want to make them uncomfortable, but there's also no need to raise an alarm if you aren't attracted to any of them.
    Personally, and it may not be agreed with, I wouldn't say anything. Unless you're attracted to one of them... Then suggest sharing a bed with a different girl.
    Good luck!

King x

3. rene

thats kinda what i was thinking... or i was thinking i could sleep in the bathtub... it actually wouldnt be the first time and because of my size its not that uncomfertable... thanks for the help

4. Aldrick

Psh! You don't have to tell anyone anything you don't want to; it's none of their business either way.

If you do tell them and they have a problem with it, then tough shit for them. Tell one of them that they better move their bitch ass over, because you aren't a dog and aren't going to sleep on the floor or in the tub. If they don't like it, and have a problem with your sexuality, then they should be the ones to sleep in the floor or the tub. After all, it's their problem, not yours.

It's not like sleeping next to someone means you're going to molest them or something. That's just silly. You don't owe them anything, not even a "warning" (why would they need a warning?) about your sexuality.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're only going to be spending a night or two with her, and you don't know her well, I don't see any reason to tell her. I wouldn't hide it from her, necessarily, but I wouldn't feel the need to let everybody know, either.

If I were going to be sleeping with a group of guys, I personally would feel the need to tell them a much more important piece of information - I snore like a chainsaw. In which case, I might end up in the bathtub anyway. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. rene

well i dont know the details of who ill be rooming with but theres some girls that i already know that know that i am a lesbian, and i might room with them or girls from germany for fifteen nights.. (the trips fifteen days long)... i feel like i should tell them just because i want to be more open with people and be able to come out to people without being afraid to do so. like i dont care if they dont like it but i hate confrontation so i would deffinatly be the one wholl sleep in the tub.

7. Deaf Not Blind

i my hotel, a nice one, we just asked for a cot so another person could join us. try that! it is the gentlemanly thing to offer to sleep on a cot anyways. i would. :slight_smile:

8. rene

cots hurt my back... i enjoy the tub haha

9. Deaf Not Blind

ill turn the water on slowly when you are fast asleep. he he he! :wink:

10. WALK2222

I slept in a room full of guys a couple of days ago, for five days. I just slept turned away from my bed partner, it also helped that they weren't my type anyway.

11. rene

oh i really appreciate that deaf not blind haha
    i really hope their not my type, im super picky anyws