1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Languages

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hotbabe1, Jun 23, 2012.

1. hotbabe1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do you know any other languages besides English. I know some of the following:Spanish, French, Piglatin, Chinese and Japanese. I also know some Sign Language.What about you?

2. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I’m of Indian ancestry but I don’t speak a lick of any Indian languages like Hindi or Urdu or Punjabi etc. However, other than fluency in English I speak French with an exceptional grasp especially in reading and writing it, as well as Italian which I learned as a young boy (but forgot most of it). I remember my basics of Italian. But I read it very well still. I actually had to give Catholic Mass in Italian so (funny story) I walked to the podium and everyone was like, “Why is this Indian boy walking to the podium? Is he going to give Mass in Hindi?”...and BOOM, I spoke Italian like I was born in bred in Sardinia!

SUCK IT :grin:

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As English is my first language, I've been studying several other languages for many years and would say that I'm quite proficient in French, Italian, German, and Spanish. I might start studying Portuguese in the near future. :slight_smile:

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Afrikaans is my home language, very similar to Dutch. Then English, some German, a bit of Oshiwambo, Oshiherero, Rukwangali and a few Damara/Nama swear words.

5. im not changing

Hablo Inglés como primer idioma, pero una gran parte de mi familia habla español, así que estoy muy bien!

6. RebelD

Aside from Afrikaans, I know a little of the Banthu languages. I used to know a bit of Xhosa and Tswana, but forgot most. Started learning Spanish a while ago, but with no one here to speak to it is a slow process! I can also understand Dutch (it is really close to Afrikaans).

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only Xhosa I know is a vile swear word, my mom thought us that lol

8. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My birth language was Tagalog, which is from an Asian country, and began learning English at early age as it was what we were suppose to do. alors, j'etudie le francais au moment, parce que il est tres beau, non? (:slight_smile:

9. bob94

I took two years of French in my high school. I'm pretty good at speaking it, and just ok at writing it.

10. Deaf Not Blind

American Sign Language!
    :grin:
    Learn it, make new friends!

11. aeva

I took French for 5 years in high school, although it's been a few years so I've forgotten a bit of it.

I know a very tiny amount of sign language (the alphabet, family, animals, etc.), but I would love to learn more.

12. Deaf Not Blind

AWESOME! :slight_smile: I can recommend books, and that people should learn from Deaf not hearing teachers, and anybody can PM me questions about Deaf culture etc.
    But if you know a bit as you said, buy Signing Naturally, the white book with people on the cover, it has 2 DVDs. It starts very slow. Then find out online where there are Deaf chats, students go and deafies go! Be not afraid! Deaf only bite when provoked!
    I felt all my life like I was missing out, and now I have my Deaf community, I KNOW I was missing out.

13. Enaithor

I only speak English and a touch of German (5 years of high school - but that's language learning in the UK so not that much) but I do plan to hone my German skills over the holidays! At the moment my German reading is actually pretty okay, and I like to think my pronunciation is good, but I find translating English to German much harder

14. Obviously I speak English, I speak French and German pretty well (school), I'm learning Japanese and I speak Pig-latin too! Hurray for the pig-latin-ness!! :grin::grin: xx

15. Catkin

My German is quite good and I also have high-school level French, Spanish and Irish.