1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother's Graduation Gift

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Jun 23, 2012.

1. secretguyX

So my brother is graduating high school on Monday, and I have no idea what to get him. I'm not rich, and I'm only a teenager, so it can't be that expensive. He's not going to college (living at home), and he's not athletic at all. He enjoys reading a lot, and writing, but he already has a bunch of books and a journal to write in. He likes music, but he gets it online, so I can't get him an iTunes giftcard for his iPod. There's a Morrisey concert coming up (his favorite artist), but I don't know how much the tickets are, or who he'd go with. Any ideas?

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does he do a lot of his writing on paper (i.e. not with computer)? I know it's a bit "old school" but maybe a nice pen, possibly engraved with his name and/or year? He'd remember you and the occasion whenever he's writing in his journal or whatever. And you should be able to find something reasonable for your budget.

3. secretguyX

He does most of his writing on the computer, he has a few scribbles of notes on paper, but its pretty much all on his computer. That would've been nice though if he wrote on paper.

4. Sayu

I think a book is a good present for a bookworm (I don't mean to be offensive, I am a bookworm too :grin:), but if you want to get him something more... special... well, maybe those tickets aren't a bad idea and you could go with him :slight_smile: But I think it would be quite expensive.

Or, even if he writes mostly on the computer, it would still be nice getting him a notebook and write something in it, like: "Let the muse be always by your side." or smt like that :slight_smile: My grandma did the same for me couple years ago and I found that very nice :slight_smile:

5. ArcaneVerse

Ask your parents to help you out with paying for the tickets?