1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing a play about gays for school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hana Solo, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For drama, I'm doing scriptwriting as my individual project. I want to make it about gay people and how we're the same as anyone else. It has to go for 15 to 25 pages, and I'm wondering if anyone had any ideas that I could include before I really get started. I'm thinking of using the funny coming out stories on the site and that, but just looking for opinions here.

2. Deaf Not Blind

well, if to show how normal we all are, but only gays and straights...not me, Im transgender...then maybe have a bunch of stuck up teens at one table mumbling and about a gay guy at the other table and how strange they all are, using some stereotypes like how they move, yet when he eats and talks you see him look just like a straight teen, and then suddenly have them change topic start to talk about a spider near them on the table and have the jocks freak out jump on a chair, and the gay guy turn around and mach it with his fist and wipe it off on a napkin, and shrug...then they all look embarrassed as he is more manly then them. :wink:

3. Gen

Gen

@DeafNotBlind lol thats cute :slight_smile:.

Yeah I would recommend something lighthearted and funny. I dont know about your classmates but making it to sad and depressing might appeal to them. Are you allowed to do a few scenes or is it supposed to be a straight 15 page skit?

4. Deaf Not Blind

I got good imagination! :wink:

5. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's a number of scenes. And since my gf is transgendered I'm definately not counting them out :slight_smile:

6. Deaf Not Blind

yeaa! is your gf a mtf?

another way to humor use with transgender is to have again others saying how they are real men and the transman is really just a girl. Then see him open door for somebody with crutches and books, and no other man offers, and the teacher says "you are a true gentleman, who says chivalry is dead?" and he smiles as she walks off. and the cis-guys look and look ashamed at themselves for not helping too.

7. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yup, she is :slight_smile:

I'm not looking to put down straight people, I'm looking to say that we're the same, but your idea is a good one, thanks :slight_smile:

8. DPQuarter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I see a lot of stuff that's centred around what others opinions are about gays, but I'd love to see a play that shows a gay persons opinion of the people around them. Straight people are so caught up with gay stereotypes that they don't realize that they have a lot of their own which make them look absolutely ridiculous.

9. Deaf Not Blind

well i didnt see that as putting straights down i see it as humor with message that you can be a better person by not judging fast and learning to be motre polite, that is why they put their head down cuz they not only didnt see the ftm as a guy they were so focus on exteriror they forgot the heart, what makes a gentlman, and realize they could have held open that door too. they miss out. :slight_smile:

10. ryanninjasheep

Yesssssss!!!