1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrating the anniversary of when you came out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bob94, Jun 23, 2012.

1. bob94

I was just wondering if anybody did anything for the anniversary of the first time they came out of the closet. I first came out to my best friend on June 3 of this year. I wrote down the date so that I would remember it. I just want to see how much progress I'll have made by the time it's June 3, 2013. So do you guys do anything special for your coming out birthday?

2. SlickyPants

I went out for dinner with the fella I came out to after one year. Other than that, I haven't really done much to mark the occasion.

3. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think I'd celebrate or anything, but it would still be nice to remember the date of my first coming out. *sigh*

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My coming out anniversary just passed actually. I came out on or around June 19th or 20th of last year.

I wish I could say I did something special, but I didn't because I had an acquaintance in the hospital that my family was concerned about, so celebrating wasn't exactly possible. I did observe the day in private though, and sort of reflected on everything that's happened to me since.

5. King

King Guest

Like Black Cat, I don't celebrate those days, but I look back on them and see what's changed, what hasn't, and how I feel about being gay. I definitely didn't write those days down... I'll always remember them.

King x

6. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On June 1st I went out to grab dinner and walk around the town square with my best friend, who was the first person I came out to on that date a year ago. She and I just reflected upon our respective issues in our lives and how things are currently going, which we always do anyways. But, I definitely brought up the fact that it was an "out-iversary".