1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too higher expectations for sex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Am I wrong to expect to much of what could be the most awkward moment in my life. I'm talking in terms of the mental picture and thoughts I have in my head about what my first time would be like and how I would it to go and well... Maybe I'm just over thinking the whole thing.

Can it be this really special moment?
    Can it happen in the moment where a simple kiss leads to it?

I mean I only wanna do it when I'm in a relationship because random hookups are risky and just don't appeal to me at all. I only ask this question or questions rather because what if I am thinking that it will be this special/fantastic moment when in actual fact.

It's not.

Basically in my head I see my self in a relationship with a guy and further down the line a simple kiss leads to it but of course I'd be nervous. (Please tell me if this sounds crap and soppy) but its what I want. I don't wanna rush sex but then again I've got this feeling that when I do meet a guy (which I doubt will happen any time soon), relationship and all that, I'd keep putting it off because I'd be waiting to long for this special/right moment.

If anyone understands this post then please share your responses.

Basically

Have I got too higher expectations of what my first time will be like?

2. everyone can have this lovely-dovey scene in their head. 99% of the time it wont go the way you had planned it exactly. well i know certain things/dates havet gone i planned in my head at all haha.

when youre ready, im sure youll know. only you will know that and you shouldnt feel pushed, if you want to wait 5 years when youre in a relationship then so be it. there is no rule for 'waiting to long' for having sex.

a lot of people say the first time isnt that great, but it doesnt really matter all that matters is that is was a special moment for you both to share together :slight_smile:

(god i sound soppy haha)

3. silkfrog1292

WE ARE SO ALIKE!!!

I'm also rather repulsed by random hookups, they just don't seem to appeal to me, for whatever reason. On the other hand, i think in some ways i've kinda over-romanticised what my first time would be in my head, and in the end not being the way i wanted it would only compound my disappointment.