1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Else Do You Know LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Jun 24, 2012.

1. secretguyX

What friends/acquaintances/family/etc... do you know that are gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, or really anything but straight/cisgender? Well as far as you know anyways.

For me, my older cousin is gay, my friend is transgender, and I think my other friend might be bisexual (she's liked girls before, and guys, so...).

#1 secretguyX, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heck, lots. One co-worker at one job, and at least four at the other (it's a big place). Plenty of friends and acquaintances. And I've got my suspicions about that guy I go to bed with every night. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Mad Man L

I believe my uncle is gay, there's a former friend of mine who is gay, two bi girls, and a girl who is transgendered to some degree, the specifics I don't know/don't ask. There are also a few closeted people who I know of in our grade. We don't have a huge amount of LGBT people in our grade, or at least it doesn't look that way.

4. DPQuarter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My best friend is bisexual. I've thought about coming out to her on a number of occasions but the time just never seemed right. The only reason I know about her is because I've met her girlfriend.

5. Jordash

The only openly gay person in my whole school. Hes really flamboyant. He used to be my sisters best friend. He once through a water balloon at me while I was in my house, on my bed, reading... But I love him all the same! :slight_smile:

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Very few...
    In the past there's been a couple of different co-workers who were gay.
    Other than that (and currently) can't say anyone...

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually don't know anyone at all that's LGBT.

8. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Heck our whole school has them! In all grades. But who I know are, my friend(boy), who was the first person who came out to me :slight_smile: - his boyfriend, my Physics classmate(boy), my Networking friend(girl), my Math buddy(girl), my friend (she just came out previous year, she was crying so hard to me when her parents told her they were kicking her out), my other friend(girl), one of my Driver's Ed classmate(he actually wore a rainbow bracelet similar to mine, that's how we started talking-boy), my other Physics classmate(girl), my other friend(girl) - her girlfriend If you're lesbian you might want to go to this school x) ! That's how many there are! Plus some boys, but I doubt more will come out, because of all the homophobic hate(but only to boys wth??)

However, Art boys (performing, creative, writing, band, choir) are all out and they're filled with them.

Sports - heck I think I'm the only one... only boy at least

And my mom's friend who took me to Gay Pride because she wanted an adult with me. And the sister of my mom's friend.

#8 Philvanuirle, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  9. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Well, I have an uncle who's gay, an aunt who's lesbian, my best friend is gay and another friend too. :slight_smile:

10. Aegis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have one co-worker who is gay, one friend (who I hardly see) who is gay, and a roomate and mutual friend of hers who are both bi.
    Not a lot of LGBT people that I know, but I hope to meet more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And who's to say I don't know some people who are in the closet (like I am) still.

11. spud

Well no one I have at all at this time in my life I’ve said in other post that my older brother was Gay so I did spend some time with him and his friends, when I was in my twenty’s.
    But the death of my brother due to well let’s just say the doctor say it was due to T/B and newsmonger. But back then in the day that was the same symptoms as dyeing from Aids so after his death I lost touch with his friends and anything to do with LBGT community.
    If this had not happened I my off been out a happy 18 years ago, but I think this just closed my door on my closet so much tighter than before he was to be my hope the one I could talk to and I lost him.

Thank you all for your help I like these short direct questions as I seem to be helping me answer all my own questions that I have.

12. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh jeezz where do I start. About 80% of all guys in my college (which is to be expected in theater school). As for the girls... hard to tell, they're always pretty close, so how do you tell?
    Then, though I don't know them personally, a lot of workers at all kinds of stores I go to pretty often (the obvious type).
    A couple dozen guys from my old high school.
    Two guys in my friend group. (one of whom is my boyfriend)

It's pretty strange, come to think of it, that at my soccer club (with hundreds of guys) there's not one gay person :confused:. I guess it's too masculine an environment for guys to come out or something.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've worked for a queer youth organisation for years, so have a wide queer circle of friends through work.

14. speedracing22

A close friend of mine's sister is gay, yet i'm the only one amongst our friends that knows.

Aside from that, I have 2 gay friends from work. And a girl I used to date who is a lesbian now. (which I hope wasn't my doing lol)

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm going to exclude people I know through EC (even though there's a few I consider to be real friends by now). Because if I count those, I know lots of GLBT people indeed.

But IRL:
    - One of my best friends from highschool was the first gay guy I knew, and the first person I came out to.
    - A friend from college. Funny enough, we only found out about each other three years after graduation.
    - At work: two lesbian coworkers and one gay coworker. Though I've never broached the subject of sexuality with them. I don't even think they know I'm gay.
    - One friend from judo who's bisexual.

Then there's a few people I used to know, drifted apart from, and then, years later, found out that they came out. I can never help but wonder whether it'd have changed things if we'd known of each other earlier.
    Then again, even with the gay people I know I barely ever talk about sexuality, so probably not.

I wouldn't say that's a lot of GLBT people, but I never seem to have that strong of a drive to meet GLBT people specifically. I just try to meet more people, and if they're GLBT then that might count as a bonus.

16. Ianthe

My stepmother is bisexual, although she does not use the word bisexual and instead says long convoluted things like, "Well, I've been with guys and girls, first a man and then women for a while and then men for a while, and then..." (This makes me want to scream THAT IS CALLED BISEXUAL. Especially when she sometimes talks about when she "used to be a lesbian." No! But of course, I don't actually scream, or tell her how she "ought" to identify. And I wouldn't care what word she used as long as it wasn't "straight" or "lesbian" which would both be obviously false. I think it annoys me mainly because, you know, she's my stepmother.)

But anyway, all of her close long-time friends are lesbians. Two or three in particular, really. So I know all of them.

And there are a couple of girls from high school I have on Facebook.

And about 40 fellow choir members, and 15 or so people I met through the choir members.

And one deeply closeted omnisexual (his word) construction worker.

Oh, and one of my best friends came out as bisexual after I came out to her.

And another friend from high school, when I came out to her, told me that she has a girl that she has an ongoing thing with, and her husband is totally fine with that.

And my quasi-aunt (mom's bff from childhood) has a close gay friend that I have met a bunch of times.

So a lot of people. (Of course, there are almost certainly still more that are not out to me. And I've probably forgotten someone.) :thumbsup:

17. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there are none really in my family, like only a cousin. Besides him, (which I only got to know in the last 2 years over FB), I know several. Two lesbians who were my first introduction to GLBT (friends of my mom's), a few feminine gays at school (though we weren't friends at all), a close friend of mine, whose brother turned out to be gay and so on. but that's basically it, oh and my old ex land-lord.

18. King

King Guest

Just a few select boys and girls around my city, most of whom are moving away for school this summer anyway. I don't know any of them personally (and have only really spoken to two of them), however, so I'm probably going to settle with 1-2 LGBT people. I have no LGBT family that I know of, unless they're second cousins which would make sense since I have a LOT of them that I don't know.

King x

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not many at all. I have at least one gay friend I try to talk to a few times a week and one I haven't spoken to since December. If I do have friends that are in the queer community, I'm not aware of it or some people were busting my balls by saying someone in the circle is.

20. softshock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have two lesbian godmothers but they split up a while ago, and don't live in the same country as me. I haven't seen them in years actually.