1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flabbergasted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Messed Up, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Okay, I’m in MAJOR need of HELP!

I PM’d my crush and he responded. It was basically me saying, “Hey. How’s it going what’s new in your life” and he responded, “I’m good, same as usual, and you?” and I don’t know what to say.

I almost want to say “I MISS YOU! That’s what’s up with me!”

But do I continue making chit chat for a while or get straight to the point? I want him back in my life. I miss him terribly.

What do I do! I’m speechless! Help!!!

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, first of all: breathe! Slowly. In and out. There's no fire, and the sky won't fall if you take a few moments to let your roiling emotions relax for a bit.

Now, personally, I think you might want to take things carefully here. Try to put yourself in your crush's place here. If you reply with a friendly but noncommittal "how are you?" the last thing you're probably expecting is an "I WANT YOU!!!!".
    And, when faced with unexpected outbursts, most people reflexively retract, rather than draw closer.

So, you might want to sleep on this for a night. And then write a polite response. One or two paragraphs about what has been new in your life (even if it's just minor changes).
    And then culminate in something like "I must say, I have missed hanging out with you. I was wondering if you'd be interested in hanging out again sometime?"

Okay, you're not exposing him to the pure intensity of your feelings, but he's probably going to be more amenable to the idea if you ask him politely, rather than sounding desperate. Polite interest is usually the better way to get a favourable reply.

And, again: breathe! No need to panic, and you'll be allright. I promise (*hug*)

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this ^ take things steadily, dont do something which you will then regret.

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Okay- be cool, be chill, okay...okay...WHAT DO I SAY? LOL

I know I’m being spastic like a colon but in all seriousness...

I really don’t wanna (pardon my English) fuck this up. I care for him a lot...and he did at one time for me..

What is a good response other than “I’m good"?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about "I'm doing fine. Tell me what's been going on" or anything that keeps the convo going.

6. Mercy

Mercy Guest

how about im doing great and yourself ??