1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercings. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaplaceScramble, Jun 26, 2012.

1. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have 5 piercings currently, L:R. Cartillage and ear lobe: 3 lobe. I'm going to be getting 6 more, L:R. Lobe and 2 cartillage (probably helix): 3 cartillage (probably snug or rook). Oh, and probably a nose ring, don't know what side though.

Anyway, what do people think of piercings? And what do you have, if any?

2. softshock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think piercings are okay as long as people aren't completely loaded with them like all over their face and body :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I do really like nose piercings, and wish they suited me so I could get one :dry: I currently have two cartilage piercings in my left ear and two piercings on each lobe so I have six overall. I sort of want my collarbones done though?

3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a friend contemplating getting one. The only problem, like with any dermals, is that they get infected really easily. I think they look hot though :icon_bigg

4. softshock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah I've heard that happen to quite a few people.. :eusa_thin I'll probably wait for a bit :lol:

5. Just Passing

Never been fond of the idea of piercings, particularly the really extreme ones that take out 99% of your ear lobe.

Still, if people want to have piercings then that's up to them. I would hope that they wouldn't go overboard though.

6. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    soft: However, if you know you're going to get one, it's better to get it sooner rather than later, simply because of the speed and ability to heal you have while you're younger.

just: ya, plugs larger than a centimeter just seem kind of weird to me.

7. Neutrality

I stay away from them, but I dress very business like and professional.....Secretly I would love to try having a couple piercings and getting pink highlights in my hair or something crazy break away from my normal masculine business style and just be really "gay" for a day, but it would ruin my professional image at work and I doubt I would enjoy it once the initial thrill wore off. =P

8. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if you get any piercings, once the healing time is over, you can just have them in for fun times?

9. i used to have loads, but i had to take them out so i could get a job :frowning2:

i used to have my nose, snakebites, another piercing im sure but i cant mind what it was lol and bigger tunnels.

now i only have my tunnels which are 6mm.
    i want my septum (so i can hide it for work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and my belly done still though. and maybe a few more in my ears.

10. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna be looking for more professional and stead y work. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of place do you work?

11. i just work at a grocery store lol, but i was willing to take them out so i could get a job. otherwise i would still be jobless, most piercings arent really accepted in work though which is no fun. thing is they allow tattoos though :frowning2:

12. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, ok. Ya, grocery stores (even where I am) are strict on that sort of thing. Which is lame.

13. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like piercings. I really want a cartilage one but my mom thinks they are disgusting... For now, I will stick with my ear piercings.

14. timo

I have 7mm tunnels in both ears. Want to stretch them to 10 or 12, depending on what would look better, and I'm thinking about getting my lip pierced (snakebites or spiderbites, still doubting) while I still can, while I'm in college where I don't have to worry about a job

15. King

King Guest

I have both lobes. I'd like septum, L conch and R helix.

King x

16. JackWin

I was never one for any piercing around the mouth, nose, eyes etc... But thats just me.

17. Brenny

Wow piercings just got way more complicated than I thought they could. Like another language... I think a couple ear rings, and stuff can be really hot. Or really cute. Depends who gets them. I am not a huge fan of nose rings or lip rings but just a stud there can look really good. So I guess I am a fan of the studs :wink: haha.

I've contemplated ear piercings but I don't think they'd fit who I am very well (clean-cut, preppy, a goody goody lol)... People would be like, "you got ear rings?!?" Maybe I'm over thinking it but when I see people with piercings I see them as having a little bit of an edge to their personality. I just don't like it when people get a ton of piercings and overdo it. I just feel like that distracts you from seeing them, if that makes sense.

18. I want to get my industrial again, I miss it dearly...but, I don't know if I can ever wear piercings again due to work. It's a safety issue. If it wasn't a safety issue, I'd get my industrial, maybe get my eyebrow pierced, surface piercing, maybe small gauges. And perhaps a septum. Meh...at least they don't care about tattoos.

19. julia

I'm not really into piercings, on me or anyone really. I'm more of a tattoo girl.

20. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I think piercings are fine, I have my earlobes done twice already.
    - Go for it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: