1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

babe?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flyinhernikes, Jun 26, 2012.

1. who calls people babe? i mean everyone, even people they dont know. im starting to..... even posts here i write 'oh babe dont worry blah blah' then delete the 'babe'.

i promised myself i never would because it would give more hints that im gay irl, but 99% of my friends do it and im starting to pick it up. argh! lol.

does it annoy you when people you dont know, or even people you do know call you babe, even if its online or in person?

2. BeardedLady

Out Status:
    Some people
    I started doing it myself a while ago, had the same problem was pissed at myself about it :L but then it just became normal and I stopped noticing it entirely! I doubt anyone can pick up on it really, I don't know for sure though. Either way, don't worry about it babe! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really, it is creepy unless they are in a relationship with me.

4. Pain

Pain Guest

I don't think it's weird, really. But it's annoying when you catch yourself doing it haha. Like, Lately I've called some random people "hon" or "honey." It's really strange for me, but I wouldn't give it a second thought if I heard someone else do it.

5. Aldrick

LOL. I'm having the same issue as QueVidaLaMia. I've caught myself several times both saying and typing (and then deleting) the word "honey." "Oh, honey. You don't have anything to worry about there." :eusa_doh:

I've also caught myself saying "sweetie" and "sweetheart."

It's like I'm slowly being possessed by a southern belle. Isn't it bad enough that I already say y'all, folks, and other such stuff already? :lol:

Shoot me if I start using phrases such as:

"Y'all come back, ya hear?"
    "How's your mamma doin'?"
    "Awww, bless your heart."
    "Come 'ere honey."
    "Aw shucks, you're such a sweetie pie! I could just gobble you right on up!"

Okay, I've used the last one before, but only to little kids. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Just Passing

I personally never say babe and I hope it stays that way. To my ears and mind, it sounds weird and comes across as cringe worthy, even when I practiced saying it to myself as a joking manner in case it ever happens (alongside other substitutes like sweetie, honey, etc).

Of course, there are plenty of people that say babe and depending on the individual, it doesn't sound too bad when they say it, but it still sounds odd somehow. It's like mate, another word I'm not too fond of, but certain people use that word quite well in a way that suits them.

Ugh, I am a complete fool who can't explain it all. :grin:

7. secretguyX

I don't mind any of those words (babe, sweetie, honey) when other people say them, but I'd feel awkward if I ever actually said them to someone.

8. jj11987

jj11987 Guest

I don't say those words. Don't even like to hear them. One guy called me "hon" only the second time we spoke on the phone. It's a feminine trait to me because several women I know and have met over the years have used it. Huge turn off to hear it from a guy.

9. anonymous1

Every gay guy and gay girl I know calls people hon. Usually in a negative way like the person did something stupid do they talk to them like they would a child- by saying hon. I'm glad I don't

10. PillsHere

It wouldn't necessarily bother me, so long as they were using it in a purely friendly manner.
    The only time I disliked it is when a straight friend of mine, whom I had a understanding with that I liked him, constantly used it with me. I took it as a form of him intentionally teasing me.

11. Mystery

I'm not a fan of being called "babe". It's weird but it just reminds me of that stupid pig movie lol. I call, and like being called, hun or honey.

12. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't call anyone babe. Not even my boyfriend. And is rather not be called babe by anyone either. It just doesn't sound right to me.

13. Mercy

Mercy Guest

14. cenedria235

I don't mind it at all, my family uses babe a lot and I know it's said with affection. I usually use sweetie but most of the time that just with small children. Everyone I know winds up with their own unique nickname so I don't use the generic ones much. I will confess to a secret desire to be called baby by my partner when I have one.