1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys that wear makeup.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starships, Jun 26, 2012.

1. starships

I don't see whats so 'different' 'weird' 'why?' about it. I mean i've worn makeup for nearly a year and people are still not used to it.

:slight_smile:

Your opinions?

2. ryanninjasheep

I think its just that people arent used to it...

I feel sorta bad saying this but I guess even I would think its a little odd

3. King

King Guest

My big secret is that I've always wanted to try guyliner. What sort of makeup do you use? Do you go full-out?
    And I agree with Ryanninjasheep... If I saw someone wearing makeup I'd be confused. Not rude or think it's wrong, just a bit thrown off.

King x

4. Mad Man L

People are not used to it because make-up is viewed as an exclusively feminine thing, and that men don't need to cover their minor facial imperfections. And really, how many men do you know wear make up? Very few.

I'd be a bit weirded out to say the least.

5. DhammaGamer

I think boys with make-up look sexy ... very rock'n'roll :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Hawthorne

Eh I usually use some foundation and concealer and some palettes to contour my nose but not much else oh and sometimes on the forehead to make it look smaller.

7. RebelD

I have eyeliner, though I only wore it once to an angelic or devilish party lol.

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I don't really care. My hubby wears allot of make-up when he does his shows, I myself, well I do wear make-up, but only if in costume. Lets, see, first I did it was when I made myself look like a vampire with a cigar smoking bat on my shoulder, the second was a zombie with half my intestines gushing out next to the axe embedded in my stomach.

I may have played with make-up when I was like 6 or 5, I remember something in that line, but I have to lie if I say I did or didn't

I can quite imagine that goth look

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

A combination of a male normative society and centuries of tradition of primarily women using make-up has made make-up amongst other things a feminine thing in the mind of most cultures.
    I don't see the problem either. But most people find it just as odd as a guy wearing a dress or a girl with a moustache.

10. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear guyliner every now and then. Anything more than that seems a bit much to me, but whatever floats your boat is cool with me :slight_smile:

11. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like many things it's often a matter of context - for example I'll find it odd to see women "all tarted up" to go to church or a funeral or some other similar function.

Depending on how "obvious/outrageous" it is (are we talking concealin a pimple or a few freckles or full-on KISS theatrical), I might stare a bit at first, same with a giant piercing or tatoo but meh, it's no big deal once you've met that person once or twice and realize it's part of their usual look (or their going to a club look or whatever). Gotta realize tho, things done to stand out will make you stand out. Whether it's stand out in cool and awesomeness or weirdness is often in the eye of the beholder.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex wore/wears makeup. He showed me photos though of him with and without and honestly found him more attractive without but yeah, it's his choice. I never found it a problem when we dated.

13. julia

I knew a gay guy in high school (who still does) wear a crap load of makeup. Mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, blush, lip gloss, etc, so it's not that weird to me. I don't really care because I'm gay haha, but I think if I were a gay guy I wouldn't want to be with someone like that, but honestly, it's more about personality to me. But usually guys who wear makeup are really high maintenance and I don't think I'd like that. Okay, alright, I'll shut up now.

14. starships

i dont wear tons and tons of makeup i prefer a natural look so i just go naturally enhanced :slight_smile:

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Logically it shouldn't matter, but our society just says that its "weird" and just for women. Except if you are an actor, model or some other profession where its acceptable and expected.

I do wear very light foundation (not really sure what it is really.. xD) to hide the redness of my acne.

If you like it, then go for it. Don't feel like you have to excuse yourself :slight_smile:

16. sguyc

Well, the reason its weird is that the vast majority of guys don't wear make up. I personally don't like make up on guys. I don't think its very attractive on girls either except for a few things like lip gloss.

17. Brenny

It is weird to see a guy with tons of makeup on his face. It is unexpected so you don't know how to react to it. But if a guy just wears minor amounts of it, I really don't mind it.

I have been getting dark circles under my eyes so I will put a little makeup there just to lighten it up slightly but nobody really seems to notice. For scars and redness and things like that, I could understand why a guy would use it. And personally guy liner does seem like something I would wanna try at some point... Unless it is for costume of some kind, I don't really like when a guy has on all this blush and lipstick and stuff.

Actually, I wouldn't mind any makeup at all on guys as long as it is pretty natural looking. A little more stuff for fun, sure. Just don't turn into a clown.

18. jj11987

jj11987 Guest

Everyone has their own unique look and sense of style but it's not something I would personally be attracted to.

19. Neutrality

It's just a cultural thing, I have to agree I think make up looks bad on anyone personally, unless it's very small amouts to cover imperfections like others have said. There is nothing inheriently wrong with it, infact in anchient egypt make up was made more for men then women and men in europe and even america wore make-up during the colonial era, but in moderen society it is odd and peple will look at you funny so as someone else said be prepaired to stand out, weither in a good or bad way will depend on the person looking.

20. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love makeup on guys, can we please speed up time to a world where straight men are comfortable enough to wear it? Please? Pretty please?
    Of course we're all beautiful as we are, but I find it very pleasant. :slight_smile: