1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good gay movies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MathMan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. MathMan

Hey everyone, I just heard about this movie called Prayers For Bobby. holy crap! I've never had a movie connect to me so much before or make me cry that much!! That movie was amazing! Does anyone know any good pro-gay movies, or movies focused on lgbt issues? I've watched BrokeBack Mountain and that is one of my all-time favorite movies!

2. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw Prayer's for Bobby a long time ago. I burst into tears the first time I watched it. It is an inspirational story indeed!

Shelter is also a good movie.

4. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Summer Storm, although I don't know if they have a version with English subs too.. it's German. It's basically about a guy exploring his gay feelings while on summer camp with his canoe team.

Juste une question d'amour, I know for a fact it is out there with subs. About two guys falling in love, one out, and the other not because of his really homophobic parents.

And I know my boyfriend absolutely loves Latter Days. I haven't seen it yet, so... can't really say anything about that one. But based on the title "latter days", and the fact that my boyfriend is a mormon, I guess it's a pretty safe bet it has to do with that particular religion.

!Oh I almost forgot a Dutch one! For a Lost Soldier. I think it's on YouTube with subs. It's quite a story! Actually it's really really interesting: it takes place near the of World War 2 in the Netherlands, and it's about a Canadian soldier somewhere in his twenties taking an interest in and even pursuing a sexual 'relationship' with an 11 or 12 year old Dutch boy. I can really recommend it to everyone.. it's so crazy; after seeing it you almost think "Oh what a beautiful thing those two guys have together". You seriously almost forget something terrible and unforgivable is happening there. It's great acting from both of them and a really really good and daring movie.

Also, I think a while ago there was a thread somewhere about gay movies too. I can't remember what it was called, but it was filled with long lists of gay themed movies. Maybe someone else can remember? :slight_smile:

#4 justinf, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  5. Deaf Not Blind

All I know is a lesbian insisted I watch on YouTube something from The L-word, which another friend of mine who is gay loves too.

HOWEVER, I want to warn TRANS people they may NOT want to watch it!!

She did not bother to watch very closely, or is just that detached from how a person would feel, as the Max character I watched open up to his gf he has been taking T for her and will soon be very much physically manly, and he wants to marry her, and she pulls her hand out of his, smile fades and becomes angry, and she calls him names and says he is a freak and nobody will want him. It was awful! I hated it! But I want to tell you gays love it....and I think if you have transexual friends they should not watch it with you.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can vote for Latter Days, also one of my favorites on many levels. Haven't seen the others (other than Prayers for Bobby) but have heard good things about them.

7. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I need to watch all of these movies, like, right now. Haha

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2012 at 09:05 PM ----------

Oh hell. I just watched the trailer for Prayers for Bobby and it totally told me what happens. :angry:
    Does anyone have any links for these movies? It'll look a bit suspicious if I keep renting these things. Yes, I'm that closeted and paranoid.

8. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Summer Storm does have subtitles in youtube somewhere. I've watched it before. And when I read "For a Lost Soldier" preview, I was like... "Wha.." but I'll watch that on Netflix tonight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. PillsHere

But I'm a Cheerleader

Romantic comedy. It's actually the first movie I ever saw dealing with anything LGBT related.

10. DanA

Weekend

[YOUTUBE]Weekend - Trailer - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

By the by... how do you embed videos? Is there a magic word I have to say or somebody that I have to bribe?

11. adhawk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^Weekend is one of my favorites(I've watched it 3 times)

12. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just finished watching Prayers for Bobby on youtube. I sobbed like a little bitch throughout the last half, lol. I've never had that happen to me before, either.
    It was a really good movie.

13. Just Passing

Brokeback Mountain is pretty good, though I guess the book is much better at presenting the relationship between the two leading characters and exploring their emotions more than the film adaption.

Milk, a biopic starring Sean Penn as Harvey Milk is also a great piece.

14. timo

Weekend is a great one.
    (about the tags, you should just copy the part that comes after "v=", so in this case just "LkC7xHAfxm4". the youtube tag is a bitch)

I also really liked J'ai tué ma mère (I killed my mother)
    [youtube]BgCqY3cE-VM[/youtube]

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, but yeah I always use a site where you can watch any movie for free, no limits. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that, though? Anyone know?

Other than that, I think you can find most of them on YouTube.

16. i know a few lesbian movies.....

kissing jessica stein.
    but im a cheerleader
    room in rome (i didnt understand the ending at all lol)

and theres a gay movie cant mind the name where a guy is a solider and he cant touch another solider because of some divide or something but they are together and in love even though they have never touched. no one knows.... cant think o the name though :frowning2:

17. Jim94

North Sea Texas
    Letter days
    Weekend

These are my favorites. Not in oreder though :slight_smile:

18. julia

Imagine Me and You (times a million), Brokeback Mountain, and I Can't Think Straight are my favorites.

Also, here's a really good list of just gay movies.

19. cenedria235

OOo thanks for that link! I tend more toward comedies but I can definitely vouch for latter days I really like that one. One silly one that I just watched was Bearcity, it was adorable and hilarious.

20. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. If you can't.. PM me? :slight_smile: