Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th Jun 2012, 07:16 PM   #1
This space for lease.

Orientation: I like guys
Out Status: Out to everyone

Default Anyone been to Halifax?

Has anyone been to Halifax, NS? I am looking take some vacation time in mid august. Trying to figure out how much time I want to spend there. I'm thinking 3 to 4 days.
All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work.
--Thomas J. Watson
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Molitva
EC Admin

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out and about

Default Re: Anyone been to Halifax?

Yep, I have been, probably not during the best time of the year (April) but I enjoyed my visit.

3 or 4 days is plenty to see the city and to explore. I'd recommend the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of Canada, Canadian Museum Of Immigration at Pier 21, The Historic Properties, and the water front walkway. If you wanted to travel outside of Halifax, I'd definitely recommend Peggy's Cove.

Depending on what you want to do, there are definitely also some good Irish/Scottish pubs to check out and take in the atmosphere. Even though I don't drink, I went and checked them out, and they were pretty cool actually.