1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healthy weight :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nathaniel, Jun 28, 2012.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

So I have been wanting to lose weight for the longest time, well I'm finally doing something! :grin: I have been running and exercising every morning and night. I started eating less, well The proper amount to be satisfied. So I'm not starving my self. I'm eating healthy foods also. I hope this all works out for me. :slight_smile:

2. MathMan

just don't try to do too much too quick. like don't cut out ALL the unhealthy stuff and maybe not run soo much. Because you will get burnt out and just say eff it after a while.

3. BajanBoy13

Did That During exams but started back running and working out after I lost 3 pounds of muscle :frowning2: Hoping this summer I can lose fat.

4. JackWin

If you can, get a trainer. I have one whos at the gym near me. Im there 2 days a week for an hour and a half. It gets a great work out, and a lot of it is stuff you can do at home.

5. vyvance

When running just make sure you stretch, hydrate, and otherwise warm-up/cool-down properly.

Also, a mistake I commonly see with newer runners is that they push themselves too far and either hurt themselves, or burn themselves out. One rough way to tell if you are pushing it too hard is when you can taste "copper" in your mouth. That signifies a pH balance change in your saliva, and is a good sign to slow down and rehydrate.

Its really more about developing a healthy lifestyle than trying to run the mile as fast as you can. Build up slowly and your body will thank you for it.

6. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should do both cardio and weight training. cardio will help you loose weight, and the weight training will help build muscles and tone up. Bigger muscles will help you burn more calories because the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn.