1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could change your mind...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by super confused, Jun 29, 2012.

1. super confused

This is basically for everyone on here; it doesn't really matter what your orientation is.

1) After you tell someone your orientation, have you ever heard "Well, I bet I could change your mind"?

2) How did you react?

This happened to me, and I felt so...disrespected. If the guy who said it had said it to me in person, I actually might have been moved to violence.

2. vyvance

In the few times it has happened, twice in fact, I usually just laugh and say "Doubtful," then go on my way.

3. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, this has never happened to me! Thank God.

But then again, I live in Ireland, where we seem to be fairly knowledgeable about this stuff. Thank God.

Like as far as I know, very very very few people believe in creation, and almost everyone knows that homosexuality isn't a choice and that genetic factors play a large component of it.

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Yes. Both my mom and my step-mom told me this. I think my response was something along the lines of, "I might, but I doubt it." I was fairly annoyed, though I tried not to show it.

5. starfish

[​IMG]

6. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I have heard this a few times, I basically told them I was trying to have a serious conversation with them and they should knock it off.