1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious what you would read into this.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Jun 29, 2012.

1. starfish

So the other day I had a recruiter call me as she is new to the area and looking to build up her client list.

I had lunch with her and she asked me asked me what I am looking for in a new company. I listed a few things into that. One of them was "A strong diversity policy, is something which I think is very important".

Now keep in mind I am a white male in my early 30s. I'm not worried about what she read into it, but I am curious what you would read into it.

2. vyvance

I would just read into it that you were trying to say something that sounds good to prospective employers/business partners.

3. secretguyX

I would just think that you want a variety of different people (different races, nationalities, religions, sexualities, etc...). If you told me that, I'd just think you meant that you want to meet and be surrounded by different people, and want everyone to be open-minded. I wouldn't think anything else of it.

4. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you were to tell me that, I would think that you wanted everyone to be open-minded and not care about religious beliefs or political beliefs or race or sexuality etc. etc. I wouldn't really think of anything else.

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds to me that you are open to meeting anyone, and it does not matter about their, race, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation, etc.

6. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hmm, if I had reason to suspect you were gay, that might serve to reinforce my suspicions. But I probably wouldn't read much into it either way. Like vyvance said, it sounds like you're trying to sound good, not much else.