1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking One's Facebook & Then Posting I'm Gay - Tired of It

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Revan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this might be something just silly to get upset about but honestly, is anyone just sick and tired of people hacking your friends Facebook (generally their friends) and then posting a status of "I'm gay"? I mean it's hard enough for LG to come out (I exclude T simply because I always see "I'm gay" never "I'm bi" or "I'm trans" because most people who do that are actually being serious) but for some person to just think it's funny to make their friend almost look as though they're gay...it just ticks me off.

2. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Omg!

3. BajanBoy13

Yeeess! Someone at my school posted it on my BBM and my friend had to ask me if I was being serious,cuz im out to him. uuuh it just pisses me off!

4. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've seen some posts like that (luckily, no one has hacked my facebook account and did something like that) and I think this is really stupid because that person has to explain everything to their friends...it does get even more complicated if that person is really gay because they have to either lie to everyone or are forced out of closet...
    I think that is only what someone who has horrible sense of humour and I really don't understand why would anyone do that to their friends.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best FB hijack I've seen was when one of my friends left his account logged in and his girlfriend used it to like every Justin Bieber page she could find.
    But yeah, the "I love cock" statuses can get really annoying. (Although I did get a laugh out of seeing two statuses, one immediately after the other, one from a lesbian's account and one from a straight guy's, both declaring how much they loved penis.)

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah that gets on my nerves a lot. 3 of my facebook friends were hacked by someone who posted the gay status. It is really annoying.

7. sanguine

I dunno sometimes its funny, people are much more creative nowadays so it goes beyond just 'im gay' like, I LOVE PINDICK or LOOKING FOR MORE BUMHOLES TO LICK YUM YUM!!!

people do know its just for laughs, though I understand if people get put off about it, especially when you are actually gay

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I think the whole "Someone f**k me" or actual sexually related hacks wind up in my opinion being far worse than just the "I Am Gay" type ones.

9. Night Rain

I'm more annoyed by the use of the word 'hack'. You underestimate and downgrade hackers.

10. Ridiculous

Heh, I was going to post this picture but you got here before I did:
    [​IMG]

11. Night Rain

Is that picture from The Princess Bride?

12. I don't use Facebook regularly, so I've never encountered this personally, but I don't find that sort of thing funny at all. Whether the post says "I'm gay" or "LOOKING FOR MORE BUMHOLES TO LICK YUM YUM!!!", the message is still the same: they think being gay is a joke. They believe it's something funny to laugh at, or a way to embarrass another person, and I shouldn't even have to tell anyone here why this attitude is problematic.

13. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is one of the reasons I've moved away from fb. Not just hacking, but also people who are angry with you report you profile and then you have to start over. :tantrum:

This is why I love google plus, you can enable a 2 step verification, which you can setup for your mobile. even if a person has@your password, they still can't log in without your mobile. :thumbsup:

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok to the people who apparently have a problem with what I said, would you prefer "people who sneak on their friend's Facebook when it's left open"? -_- I'm so sorry you didn't like my description of hacking, but last I checked this isn't about hacking this is about people being asses both to their friends, and homophobic in their own way because they make coming out into a joke.

15. Night Rain

They can't close your facebook account without valid reasons! :eek:

Yes I would very much prefer that.:lol: The joke's not that harsh. Even I find it funny most of the time. Don't expect the worst of people. Not all of them are homophobic. By doing this they show that they take the matter (sexuality) lightly and they are cool with it (may not be applicable in some cases).

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk, I think breaking into someone's account to put a "joke" gay status on facebook does not mean you are more accepting or cool with it at all. It seems to show a bit of ignorance and immaturity on the part of the person who posted the gay status. If they are taking it lightly, it means they disregard the difficultly gay people go through to come out and accept themselves. Also, if the gay status is on an actual gay person's wall, that is outing them and putting them in an uncomfortable situation. Outing is a homophobic action and so is disregarding the hardships of what it means to be gay. Most times when I read one of those statuses, there are stupid responses to the status like "Oh thank God this was just a joke" which shows homophobia.

17. laras

I cant relate to the "im gay" status... but I can relate to someone hacking my sisters account and saying "i am finally prego!"... she hadnt been trying, yet she had been married and I was really happy/sad that she didnt tell me first (she wasnt prego yet someone desided to "troll" her account). Started a fight on Facebook with the person that posted it, CAPS LOCK WERE ON!. then to find out two weeks later she really was preg and it was unexpected (you can be sure she told me before she posted it on facebook!) Needless to say... she didnt leave her facebook open on her phone anymore :slight_smile:

18. Flow

It's happened to me before, but then again I'm not out. I also don't plan to be either cause well, it's no ones business but mine. I get a kick out of it lol. It's one of those.. "If only you knew.. you assholes..".

19. lowdownweather

I've seen it but usually knew it was someone who got their account hacked, or (and this happened much more often) left their computer screen unattended for much the same reason I knew someone's account was hacked by a link virus or something else: (not to stereotype, but...) it seems out of character for them, so I usually know when it's genuine and when it isn't.

Sysadmins do it and you should too: lock your screen!

20. sanguine

meh im comfortable with my sexuality to see where they are coming from, the people I have on facebook do it all the time, and they are nice people, its not like they go out of their way to put down the LGBT, most of them are in favor of same sex marriage in the controversial debate happening atm here, and if they were homophobic they probably wouldnt even be friends with me on facebook anyways.

and with that said I dont speak for everyone, thats my opinion, its a different experience for everyone.