1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First day of new job!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyDiver, Jun 29, 2012.

1. SkyDiver

Well... I did it! First day at Michael's (craft store). Has anyone here ever worked there before?

I got there pretty early before my shift and sat in the parking lot just freaking out.... but I DID IT! It was quite terrifying to say the least! But also kinda fun. I'm a cashier, so once you get the hang of things it's kind of like a routine that you just go with, and you even start going into this like zen mode. But there's sooooo much to learn!

It's always a bonus when the people you're working with are friendly as well. It makes all the difference! But yeah, just felt like sharing that. :slight_smile: how's everyone tonight?

2. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats! I have a friend that works there.
    I love my job as well, so I know how you're feeling. It's always great when you like what you do!

3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I applied to a Michael's once. They didn't hire me, despite my almost complete lack of crafts experience.

I always liked those stores, though.

4. Deaf Not Blind

happy for ya! i hope you like retail, I'm never working with customers again.

5. congrats!
    and yay for liking your job :slight_smile:

6. King

King Guest

Congrats! We don't have a Michael's in my town, but I've been to one before and there was soooo much stuff :K
    I've been working the same job for 3 years now... It gets boring after a while, but some of the people I work with make it worthwhile :slight_smile:

King x

7. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on your job. I never worked there, but I have heard of it. Good luck, you will be just fine.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just actually got a job at Payless Shoesource in my city (something of a wonderment since we have the highest unemployment rate in Canada so I'm quite pleased). But yeah my first day is tomorrow, then get a week off until I'm actually put on the schedule. I'll still get paid for tomorrow, I'm just not technically on the schedule until next week's. So it's kinda nice knowing I get a week off after starting just to make sure everything is settled before truly beginning said job, but yeah only means my paycheque might be a little lacklustre the first one I get :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on liking your new job! It's always great when you like your job. Not liking it can really be a bad thing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. laras

I knew someone that worked there and loved it. He also wanted to move to New York and they let him transfer. They seam to work with their employee's well. Good luck and congrats!

11. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yay! It's good to hear it was good!

I start working tomorrow because we have summer vacations and I want to have some money, especially with going to the Univeristy in October and the possibility of moving away from home and I'm a bit scared because i don't know anyone who works there.