1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just letting everybody know I'm ok.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, Jun 30, 2012.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My hometown (Newark Ohio) got hit by a storm last night. We had 80 mile per hour winds. There are 3 trees down on my half mile long street. On the street over from me there are 5 houses that have trees on them. I will not have power for 5-7 days because my entire town has no power. I would put a link here, but I'm on my phone. Anybody that is interested in seeing the damage can go to Newarkadvocate.com. (i'm not in any of the articles.)

2. FJ Cruiser

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. My facebook friend in the Columbus area was putting up pictures of the downed trees. My hometown is no stranger to high winds and severe storms, so I can relate to how scary and damaging they can be. That said, I haven't had to deal with that kind of damage before, nor the extended power outage. I'm on the High Plains, so all trees are non-native and planted, and they are put far away from houses and businesses for this reason. I'll keep you in mind. :slight_smile:

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm glad you're ok. I'm not too far from you. It was a crazy storm. It hit so fast. It tore the siding off of our garage within the first 10 minutes, but that was the only real damage at my house. You're in my thoughts!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys!! My estimated power restoration date is July 8th.

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear you are ok.