1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Kiss - Is my mind just making it out to be something of a big deal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Right

I'm not in a relationship of any kind yet nor have I kissed a guy.

What I want to know is, is my vision of this elusive first kiss being somewhat for want of a better magical, all silly. Am I just delusional in thinking it'll be like you see on TV and films. I know it sounds silly but I kinda want it to be in the moment, without be expecting it. That this potential boyfriend, wherever he maybe just kisses me in the moment and I don't expect it.

Jeez don't I sound stupid. Anyways please feel free to tell me if my dream of a perfect kiss is clouded by all this lovey dovey movie stuff.

It's just I watched some clips on youtube of gay couples kisses and to be honest, some of them were like "I want my kiss to be like that"

I feel really embarrassed having said all that :icon_redf

Please if you think I;m beign silly about then tell me. I'd rather know the truth about it and then keep this vision in my head of this kiss that FYI probably will never happen anyway

:icon_redf

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

My first kiss was so beautifull and soft and long and omg un forgettable really . Remember to take in that moment Hold on to him like theres no tomorrow . dont feel embarassed to do as ou feel is right and take it slow . My first reall tongue kiss well that was amasing she heled me for an hour n we kissed like that .

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. Well hopefully... when a potential boyfriend decides to come along I'll get my chance.

Until then... It just me reading about other peoples first kisses and watching youtube, Damn that sounded creepy :lol:

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, you're not crazy. Kisses are serious business.

5. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nah, I can understand that. I have big hopes for mine as well :slight_smile:

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Oh thank god. I'm not alone on this

I just don't want my first kiss to turn into "what, was that it?" moment. I'm sure it won't be... I hope lol

7. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not crazy. I certainly still remember my first kiss. :slight_smile:

It doesn't have to turn into an awkward moment if you take control. :lol: But do keep in mind that your first kiss doesn't have to control or dictate anything - it's just the first of many. :grin:

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Ooo. I like the sound of that lol :lol::eusa_danc

9. laras

Been friends with my current boyfriend for 7 years, known him since 1st grade... was not expecting him to have feelings for me, yet I always had the biggest crush on him. Sat next to him when we played poker, always finding excuses to get him drunk. Let me tell you... that kiss was longed for and extreamly exciting. :grin:

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's silly. the first time you kiss someone of the same sex is step toward accepting your sexuality.

The first time I kissed another man it was like a cartoon character kissing. I felt like electricty was shooting through me and I'd rocket right off the ground.

11. TonyTheBear

I'd like to say I enjoyed my first kiss, but I guess to anyone else it really would seem like an awkward moment. It was my first year at boarding school and a friend in my computer science class sent me a message saying he wanted to ask me something but was really unspecific. Then, we ended up talking a lot more before he found my old online account that said I was gay on it before telling me he liked me. This was a pretty slow escalation over the course of a few months. I invited him to my room after my roommate moved out for his own reasons. It was just us. As unromantic as it seems, we played video games, BUT it was on my bed and I was more or less in his lap with his legs around me from behind. (really, that's all that happened) I invited him to come back later and joked about making out or something. He said that he wouldn't mind all seriously...

So, both of us not having kissed before, we tried to plan everything out and it was a little awkward... We tried a lot more times though in order to get it right... It was... practice hehe. Afterall, what are you supposed to do when someone tries to put their tongue in the first time you kiss you know? hahaha... Too bad he was a senior. I really find myself missing him a lot more often now.

12. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think being silly or anything .. I kinda understand how you feel.
    I've also never kissed a guy (or a girl for that matter). I want my first kiss to be something truly meaningful/special (or using your word 'magical' because thats a perfect way to say it)

There's been a couple times I've had a dream where I kissed a guy... (I wish those woulda dreams lasted allot longer, and that I would have more dreams like that LOL). I can't explain what it was like/how it felt .. other than to say .wow. and if a 'real' kiss is anything like a 'sleeping/dreaming' kiss .. then, I understand why people like to kiss LOL

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

This

Yeah. Me to lol :roflmao:

14. caughtbywitness

Well, to me, they've been rather meh as of yet xP

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I had a similar vision of what my first kiss would be like to your vision. When it actually happened, it was about as different from my vision as it could have been. But let me tell you something: it was just as magical as I had hoped it would be. Thinking about it still sends shivers down my spine. So by all means, have your fantasy. Just remember that it your first kiss might not go down how you imagine it, but that doesn't mean it won't still be amazing. :slight_smile:

16. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

well I've got this feeling that it's a long way off.

with the way I am I doubt i'm gonna meet a guy soon... infact ive got this nagging feeling that the guy for me doesn't exist... although quite a few people on EC would like to tell me otherwise

17. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel the exact same way so you're not alone in that feeling LOL

There are allot of people on the planet...so probably somewhere out there, there is someone for everyone.

18. Crystal's Vaporeon

Ive been in a relationship for 9 months but Ive never actually had mt first kiss, he lives 6 hours away and we have never me.
    Truthfully Ive been tempted to just make-out with a couple of my chic friends and get it over with but I would much rather have my amazing boyfriend be my first kiss.
    To me a first kiss should be something to remember, I mean Im never going to forget my first relationship, these 9 months have been amazing and I truthfully hope this lasts, this is your first kiss, it SHOULD be speical

19. sguyc

I doubt it will be that great. Kissing takes practice.

20. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Eh.. I'm sort of a romantic. However, my first guy kiss was pretty underwhelming. It was the night of prom, me and 3 other friends stayed over at this dude's house who had hosted an after prom party. We were all drunk. The other guy was "having fun" with one of the thee girls. The other girl was sitting there awkwardly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And then the other guy suddenly kissed me.. If you could call it that. He sort of bit my lip and put his arms around me. We slept together (no sex) and it was nice and all, but I hope for something better next time around with a guy. Currently in love with a girl but I digress.

In short, it's not necessarily gonna be like a Hollywood movie. But, who knows? It might be. Or maybe it'll just take some experience. I dunno. I've only made out with one guy in my life so far, so yeah. Whatever the case, I'm sure you'll ind your special someone and it'll be worth the wait c: