1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lesbians left for guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flyinhernikes, Jul 1, 2012.

1. im not bi-phobic, or anything phobic. i support people no matter who or what they are i just thought id ask.

ive had 1 serious relationship in my life then she left me for a guy, but yet she always told me she was a lesbian, so i was.... quite hurt obv but shocked at the same time felt like i was lied to.

before that i had 3 sort of girlfriends but not really and 2 of them again said they were lesbians but surprise surprise left me for a guy.... i dont understand. another girl would be easier to handle, but guys are a different gender..... so obv i cant even compare.

has any person who has had a relationship with a lesbian then left you for a guy? is it actually common? can anyone relate?

none of my friends can, i just wanna know im not alone lol :frowning2:

(i hope this doesnt come across as offensive in any way at all i dont mean it like that. also it was just coincidence all my relationships where with 'gay' women. i dont have anything against bi/pan women)

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a female friend who, while she had a few boyfriends over the years, has now been with the same woman for many years and are happily raising two kids. It does not seem totally uncommon. I don't know if she identifies as "lesbian" or "bisexual" now but I guess she always had some attraction to both. Maybe your ex was similar just the other way around. It's a huge grey area, perhaps we feel pressure to identify to a "simple" label before discovering the subtle variations...

3. vyvance

I would say they were either bi in reality, or some sort of pressure, family/society or otherwise, made them date a guy.

4. dreamcatcher

I've never experienced this and don't know of anyone who has (prob cuz I don't know any lesbians lol) but it seems like those girls were bi but didn't realize they could be. Some girls (and guys!) believe they can only be gay or straight. If they want to date a girl, they will say they are gay and if they're dating a guy, they will say they are straight. I think it's just they didn't have an understanding of their sexuality and didn't realized they could be bi.

5. laras

Sadly it sounds like she is bi, wish she would have been more honest with you. :frowning2:

6. Deaf Not Blind

omg, you date em and turn em straight! :eek:

haha! had to say it!