1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you count as a "first kiss"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runallday4, Jul 2, 2012.

1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Does it have to be making out? or can it just be a peck?
    Do you have to be a certain age? Does a kiss when you were 5 count?
    Does it have to be the gender you're attracted to? (I'm guessing no cause people often say "first gay kiss" or whatever)
    Does it have to be a relationship thing? Or does Spin the Bottle/Truth-or-Dare/Whatever count?

I know there's not going to be a "real answer", I'm just curious as to what the general consensus is.

2. BudderMC

Um... I'd say some amount of mutually-wanted kiss. The degree of the kissing doesn't matter to me.

I mean, I've never had my "first kiss", IMO. I've had a couple girls run over and kiss me because they were playing something like "truth or dare" in the hallways and I was the (un)fortunate victim to happened to walk by, but it's not like I wanted it or knew it was going to happen.

Oh, and non-family, of course.

3. xramonx

Well, I like to think, when its , as BudderMC said, a mutual kiss at least, but I guess if it wasnt with the gender you like, then I like to think its a false 1st kiss.
    And when I say kiss, I mean a real french kiss, or a really emotional peck, not just some careless peck!
    Anyways, who am I trying to fool, lol I didnt even had a first kiss, not even with the opposite gender! Like as I said pecks don't count for me!
    So what u guys think?
    Besides that I really hope to have an awsome first kiss, and hope everyone does!

4. MathMan

When I was about 17 I had a fling with this guy(was in the closet deep) and we made out aggressively. It turned me on a lot but during that time I had such shame, self-hatred, and homophobia that I don't think I could really enjoy it for what it was.

5. secretguyX

I think that a first kiss is when it's mutually wanted, no matter whether it's a peck or more. If at the time you kissed them, you were attracted to them then (for people who date a girl but end up being gay), it counts. I don't count party games (unless both people would've done it on free will too). Kisses at say, 5, I don't believe count, you should be an age where you are mature \enough to want it. That's just my opinion though. :slight_smile:

6. Delta

To me, there are a few kinds of first kisses. :slight_smile:

The first first: any non-familial kiss on the mouth, no matter age or attraction.

The first almost: the first kiss not on the lips you gave someone you were dating or wanted to be dating, regardless of actual sexual orientation.

The first official: the first kiss on the lips you gave someone you were dating or wanted to be dating, regardless of actual sexual orientation.

The first gay kiss: the first kiss you gave someone of the same gender you were dating or wanted to be dating.

The first real kiss: the first kiss that set off sparks of love and romance and desire and passion and all that lovely jazz.

And The first kiss of the relationship: even if it wasn't any of the above firsts, every time you have the first kiss with someone new, it deserves recognition.

There's also a first almost kiss of the relationship. I remember all of these kisses for me. :icon_mrgr They're very special memories to me.

7. leer

It was more of a kiss & fumble .

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Nothing that I've done so far for sure thats all I know for sure.

9. Shiny Espeon

I feel that your fist kiss is the one that you will remember for your entire life. For me, it was my best friend's birthday, and we were playing truth or dare. (When you get to be 19, playing truth or dare is dangerous.) One of her 'friends,' dared me to kiss someone in the room. I was out to everyone there. They all knew that I had not, and still have not ever, kissed a guy... :tears: So I kissed my best friend. If I didn't know that I was gay before then, (I knew when I was 10,) I am most certainly sure that I am gay now.

10. Kay

Kay Guest

I see the first kiss as two people attracted to each other mutually wanting to kiss. It doesn't matter how long it lasts or if it is good or bad. The attraction is what I think matters.

11. kem

kem

To my mind, a first kiss is one in which both parties participate of their own will. I don't think duration matters really as long as it's felt.

12. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk i had my first kiss with a random stranger at a club but i define it as a kiss with someone you really care about and like.

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My own definition of "first kiss" is the first kiss after puberty starts that was mutually desired by both parties and that lasts longer than the duration of a "peck". So even if it's just closed-mouth lip-touching (which is what comprised my first kiss), if it's sustained, it counts. But that's just my definition, and if someone wanted to use a different one in describing their own first kiss, I would respect that and not say something, "Okay, but when was your actual first kiss?"

14. Salazar

I would agree with BudderMC. It doesn't have to be big, and obviously, it doesn't matter how old you are or how it happens, as long as both of you want it.

15. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

2 people who want the kiss. It doesnt matter if its a peck or a 2 hour long make out session. If he 2 people are both consenting and in love *sigh* that counts in my opinion.

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Like in movies, when two people look at each others eyes.. slowly move their heads closer, and a slow soft kiss.

17. hmph

hmph Guest

the first time i kissed anyone
    it was my best friend at the time, somewhere in between 6th and 7th grade. we were wrestling and i pecked her on the lips, but she didnt exactly kiss back. it was an awkward moment.
    as compared to the first time someone kissed me
    this kid i hardly knew walked me home one day and just like full on went to make out with me and i dont think he knew i had never even had a real kiss. so i was awkward and he never spoke to me again.
    as compared to the first time i shared a kiss with someone
    i woke up from a nap and my friend and i just started making out. first time it was ever really mutual.

18. Kaetriana

I would count my first kiss (and there could be many first kisses) as the first kiss (no matter what type) shared between myself and an attracted partner.

19. aeva

I don't think it really matters what if your first kiss happens with your preferred gender or not, in my opinion it's more about the intention of the kiss. If it's just a quick peck, then I wouldn't count it. It's gotta be a serious kiss. Something that can't be interpreted as simply a friendly gesture.

20. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first kiss was when I was 13 and was in a heterosexual relationship. And even though I didn't feel much of a spark, I still consider it my first kiss since we continued our relationship for 9 more months. My first kiss from a girl was when I was 14, and I knew then that I preferred women. :grin: