1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there some link between trans men and bisexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleCrab, Jul 4, 2012.

1. PurpleCrab

It's just something I noticed around me and online; that most trans guys are in some level bisexual or pansexual.
    I know that transsexual people can be of any sexual orientation, and that there ought to be many many straight trans guys. Mind you I really don't mean to offend and my humble apologies if I did.

I also noticed that most trans guys I've even know are known to have an unusually high libido (and both are also my case! I'm bi with an incredible libido.) Do you think there is a link there...?

Thank you for sharing your experience/knowledge/opinions!!

2. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had the same experience as you. I think it might have something to do with the fact that, because we are in some form trans, we have come to accept and appreciate ourselves, which in turn makes it easier to accept and appreciate other people, not based on their physical self, but based on who they really are (and ya, I know that's cheesy).

As far as why trans guys seem to have such high libidos, I think it may have something to do with the fact that, after having such limited testosterone in their body, with HRT they suddenly have more testosterone than their body knows how to handle, so they get really horny (to put it bluntly) because of it. Plus, males born with testosterone producing bodies are already horny as hell, even with getting used to its presence.

Hope some of that's useful! (!)

3. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, well...I've always been loving of everyone, soo... :lol:

I think it has something to do with seeing a transgender person like yourself completely as the gender they were meant to be. Also has to do with acceptance of yourself. Although, I've met many gay trans-guys. It could be just a coincidence that you see a lot.