1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Jul 4, 2012.

1. BudderMC

Anyone here into photography? I'm an amateur at best, but I find it really fun. I should really post up some photos on here, or Facebook, or get a Flickr or something.

2. Aielar

Yup, I think taking pictures is a lot of fun :slight_smile: I got my first camera last year lol, and I mostly just take pictures of my cat and such :slight_smile:

3. lowdownweather

I have a DSLR (old one, Nikon D50) and 2 Nikon F80 film bodies. They can use the same lenses. It's a disease. :icon_bigg

4. SkyDiver

I love it, but I'm definately not professional or anything like that.

I have this camera:
    [​IMG]

but I barely know how to use it, lol.

I have like 1000 pics in photo albums :slight_smile:

I'm too poor to get anything better.

5. anonymous1

Yup I am, I have DSLR Canon Rebel XS, 18-55mm and 55-250mm. Unfortunately I can't post any of my photos because all of mine are on Kodak, which was sold to shutterfly so the site is down right now. I would say I'm pretty good. I'm best at macro but my landscapes are improving and I was proud to get some very nice, well balanced, natural photos of some campers from this camp I am working at. This summer I'm playing more with RAW and photoshop for fun.

6. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't take a lot of pictures, but I love looking at them. I don't have a good enough camera to get into taking my own- actually, my camera really sucks! Pictures have always been fasinating to me, though. :slight_smile:
    (Tumblr is great for that- so is we♥it.)

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be really into photography. A few years ago I got a nifty camera as a gift from my grandparents, that's what got me started. Then I started working and didn't have as much time to dedicate to taking pictures as I liked. So that, combined with my depression and stuff, sort of made me fall out of touch with it. Recently I've been looking over a bunch of the pictures I've taken though, and I still think that most of them are pretty good.

I have some posted here on EC too, if you're interested.

8. Deaf Not Blind

i have a few pix here but my better ones are on Fb.i use film or digital.film ISO can be pushed back and makes fine grain large photos. i love darkroom burning in!

9. BudderMC

I've got a Rebel XS too! Just the kit lens, but I do think I want a telephoto at some point... or a f1.8/1.4 prime would make me happy too. I meant to pick one up last year and never got around to it... :rolle:

If you don't mind me asking, is it worth learning to shoot in RAW? I know it's good, but how much more work does it entail?

Same, I've definitely fallen out of the hobby the last couple years between school, work, and depression/sexuality stuff. I've been picking it up here and there, and trying to get into it more.

I want to try using a darkroom so badly! I was in the Photo Club last year but couldn't make it to the darkroom tutorial... maybe this year!

---

Guess I should share my interests... I'm usually into nature photography, so macros/landscapes. I like playing around with light-based photography the most I think; nighttime photography, silhouettes, light-painting. Anything with fire is good too.

Oh, and I think the extent of my photography skills was that I took second place in a contest for our Photo Club last year. I only entered so that I could get my free large prints of a couple of my favourite photos, but ended up with a small prize too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. DrummerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have an old film camera that my dad bought back in the 70's. It's an awesome camera and I love it. I also take a photography class at my high school. We get to print our own photos in the darkroom and mix the chemicals to develop them and stuff like that. Last year I got to spend most of my time during class in the darkroom. I even skipped some other classes to work on my photos don't tell my teachers though:icon_wink

#10 DrummerGirl, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. Thandrami

Im amatuer. Im going to college in the fall majoring in photography. Il go upload some pics and you should check them out!

12. secretguyX

[​IMG]
    I have this camera, the Nikon S8100, and I love it! But it's been broken for a while now, i still have to get it fixed. But I absolutely love photography. :slight_smile:

13. BudderMC

That's impressive, and sounds really awesome!

---

So, I finally uploaded some pics. Go lurk if you guys feel like it: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/8088-albums3586.html ...it's only a few of the light-based stuff I was talking about before. I'll go pull the other stuff off my memory card at some point :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Otherwise, here's a taster :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]
    EDIT: I forgot to mention my LOVE of fireworks.

14. Shevanel

Just added this album for this thread now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Took these 4 today. Not my usual style of photography (not that I'm anywhere near good or professional at all xD), but I still think they turn out well :slight_smile: I'll post more later and update this thread with a post when I do.

15. anonymous1

BudderMC: I'm not quite sure if it's worth it yet I just recently started in RAW. RAW basically gives you limitless control in Photoshop to change ANYTHING about the image. It is also crazy high image quality wise which improves the image. It is still something new to me as is photoshop but I'm learning more from tutorials at Lynda.com.

Okay I got some up: Here's one of my favorites (not in RAW or edited) [​IMG]

Click here to see more
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/15482-albums3590.html

#15 anonymous1, Jul 4, 2012
  16. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love photography. Used to do it amateurish with a point and shoot digital camera, but since then invest in a Canon DSLR with 2 separate lenses. I'm saving up some money for a big telescope which I can hook the camera on to so I can take pics of far away objects, and maybe even of space! Some of the photo's in my photo gallery was taken with that camera.

---------- Post added 5th Jul 2012 at 09:45 AM ----------

[​IMG]

#16 thylvin, Jul 4, 2012
  17. Elicitra

I have several film cameras, and 2 nikons or summin, although now I tend to find that I mostly take pictures with my ipod :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. October

Here are some photos I took at the farm where I keep my horse:slight_smile:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love this one, the colour is simply superb!

20. Sayu

I love photography too. I take a photo of the same place (from the same place, angle, etc.) every single day :slight_smile: