1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you start your morning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Friendly ghost, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Friendly ghost

I'm curious how different people start there days? I know I used to hate mornings, but this past year my morning routine has been evolving, mainly because I am out and tired of being unhappy. So how do you start a good day? or any day for that matter?

I know I get up, go to the bathroom, get a cup of coffee, and then I get in the shower. Which is where my day really starts. I play music loudly, probably to my roommates displeasure, and sing, sometimes dance some. It sounds ridiculous, especially since I'm not really feminine either. But its always positive happy music (quite a change from my depressing high school years). I continue this until I leave the bathroom. I really look forward to it now.

What do you do?

2. King

King Guest

Mornings are totes hella mah thang! I looove getting up early.
    For my routine, I get up and get coffee. Not because it's a fix or anything, but because I like the taste and only allow myself one cup a day.
    Then I usually check FB and EC, just to see what's new. Then I put on some music and look up houses for sale in the area I want to live in while sipping coffee. :slight_smile:
    And lately I've been playing a lot of Bubble Shooter in the arcade after looking at houses... It's addicting.

King x

3. Delta

I recently cut my hair incredibly short, so my routine goes like this. "Wake up, text girlfriend, fall asleep by accident again, wake up, text girlfriend again, get up, get dressed, go to bathroom, marvel at the fact that my hair doesn't need to be fixed, go to kitchen and eat breakfast, go back to bathroom and brush teeth, go do what I have to do today." :slight_smile:

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every morning I do the same thing: I look at the clock and swear. No matter how early I wake up, it's still not early enough. I love sleeping, but I just feel like I'm wasting time, so I try to get up early to compensate. And I feed my cat.

Every other morning I wake up at 6:00 am and go for a jog (although for the past week I haven't been - for various reasons). Then I come home, eat breakfast, wash my hair (or take a shower, it depends) and make my bed.

On the days I don't jog I usually wake up and lay in bed for a little while, either meditating, daydreaming, writing, reading, or checking EC on my phone. Then I get up, eat, and get dressed.

5. Veneficus

The very first thing I do in the mornings is wake up. I then proceed to check my phone and lie in my bed thoughtlessly looking at the cieling for a few moments. When I finally arouse, I go to the bathroom and imediatly take a shower after. When I get out of the shower, I dry off, brush my teeth, and put on some acne cream. The final step is eating breakfast, and then my day begins.

Edit: Silly me! I nearly forgot to mention the run I go on after my breakfast.

#5 Veneficus, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  6. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wake up, Get ready, Drink a can of coke, And then flee to school.... Pretty borring actually.

7. Level75

Cursing the day. Hitting the Snooze button until I realize I'll be late for work if I do it one more time. Wake up with barely enough time- spike hair a little. Wake up with not enough time- throw on a baseball cap. Leave the house with enough time- stop by Quik Chek and get an iced coffee. Leave the house with not enough time- go straight to work, then demand for coffee.

It sounds pretty miserable, but I openly admit. I'm not a morning person. I'm a night person. Even if I don't get enough sleep the night before and I go about the day feeling like death, somehow I'm just not tired at night.

8. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    On a school day, I wake up, turn on the coffee pot (couldn't afford one with a timer) and take a shower. Shave and all that, then I get something to eat, read the news and comics online. This takes about an hour before I'm ready to go grab my bus.

Not a school day: same routine, but more relaxed. Today I ate first, then took a shower an hour or so later.

9. BudderMC

Usually, wake up whenever I comfortably wake up (if possible). Roll in bed a bit, turn on the computer, surf the net/game briefly, shower as soon as I start to feel gross/to wake me up, eat when I get hungry. Basically I don't detest mornings, but I'll take them as leisurely as possible.

I'll also play music, but either relatively quietly or with earphones in. I'll bring it with me to play in the shower too. No coffee either; I don't drink the stuff.

If it's a day where I have early class (i.e. 8:30) it's usually roll out of bed at 8:10, get clothes on, grab bag, stroll to class, come back after and do everything else.

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Well, right now I...

1. Wake up at 7:00am sharp.

2. Shower

3. Get out of the shower, get halfway dressed, throw myself back on the bed and lay there until 7:30.

4. Get up at 7:30, finish getting dressed, take my pill, brush my teeth, do my hair, leave the house no later than 7:45.

5. Get to work at 7:50, park my car, walk to the courthouse

6. Start working at 8:00.

That's my morning, exactly, every single weekday. At least until school starts and then I get to sleep in for most of the week, except Fridays and Mondays. How sad is it that waking up at 8:00 instead is considered "sleeping in?"

11. LisforLisa

I shower the night before so I wake up around 7 or maybe later if I oversleep.
    I eat a small granola bar then I pack a small lunch. I'll go upstairs and brush my teeth and go to the bathroom. Then I'll get dressed put on some mascara brush my teeth and I go outside to catch my bus.

12. laras

Snooze three times, poke my boyfriend enough times he starts the shower, 4 th snooze jump in the shower with him, take all the water since I only take a 10 min shower. Get dressed, make my coffee, walk the dog, fix my coffee in a thermal, head out to work the same time with my bf, kiss him good bye and head to work.

13. Mad Man L

I wake up, spend about a minute mustering the strength to leave my bed, and by the time I get downstairs and finish making breakfast, in an ideal world, it's 7am. Breakfast takes me about 20 minutes. I then do all the self-maintenance stuff, get dressed, check Facebook and then head off to school.

I shower the night before, so no need to do that of a morning.

14. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alarm. Extreme sadness. So tired, why do I have to do this...
    Drag my ass out of bed and feel sorry for myself as I gather my outfit.
    Shower, get dressed. Then I'm fine. Once I'm actually awake it's cool, I just hate waking myself up. I'm definitely not a morning person. Haha

15. KiddlesP

Thank goodness for university break.

Currently, if I work mornings I restlessly wake up every 30-45 minutes after 2am or 3am since I am always afraid my alarm won't go off, I get up at 6:20am and head straight to the bathroom stark naked (only a few feet away thank god), and go to the bathroom, then immediately a shower and shave while I'm in the shower; 5-15 minutes later I get out and get dressed, then go on my computer till 6:45am, I drive to work and nibble on a few things there for breakfast while I am either doing prep or cooking since I have always worked as a cook for a job while at middle/high school/university.

If I work nights I get up around 10am-2pm, run to the bathroom, use the toilet, and immediately shower for 5-15 minutes, and make myself some breakfast. (If I don't feel like much some cereal, if a little adventurous some toast, if I am starving sandwiches or wraps, or even sausages and eggs and toast... really anything I can find.) After that I muddle around for a few hours and start my shift at 4pm.

16. silkfrog1292

Schoolday: Wake up. Fall asleep again. Wake up, check the alarm clock- curse myself for oversleeping. Eat. Brush my teeth, change, run out to catch the 8:30 sharp bus.

Holiday: Wake up. lie in the bed for 5 minutes staring at the ceiling. roll (painfully) out of bed. eat (takes forever since i read while i let my breakfast lie cold), brush my teeth, check FB, change.

I usually shower the night before so i don't need to shower in the morning

17. sugarcubeigloo

My alarm goes off at 5am.
    I continually hit snooze until 6am, pretending that I'm "waking up gradually."
    Roll out of bed, stumble to the bathroom and get dressed. (I pick out my clothes the night before, because I'm picky and I would always be late otherwise - :lol: )
    Head to my kitchen, eat, grab the lunch I packed, and fill my water bottle.
    Get my bag and I'm out of the house by 6:30 to hurry up to wait in traffic while listening to a morning talk show. Usually at work by 7am.

#17 sugarcubeigloo, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  18. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get up at 4:00 am and work out for an hour and a half. Eat breakfast, take a shower and go to work.

19. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just finished my boring 9-5 job and i am starting university next week, so my routine will probably change a little, but here is what my routine was for the past 6 months or so.
    -Wake up at 7:30am and use my iPhone for like 5-10 minutes. (checking Facebook and Twitter normally)
    -Stumble out to the kitchen with a quick detour to the toilet.
    -Make and eat breakfast. (Normally toast as i hate cereal)
    -Gather my work clothes and lay them out neatly on my bed
    -Shower/shave/brush teeth, all whilst blasting music from my iPhone.
    -Get dressed, grab bag, put on some shades, drive to work.
    It took around an hour or so as i was usually out the door by 8:45 or so. It was only a 5 minute drive from my house to my work and because i live in a small town i never had to worry about traffic or parking :slight_smile:

20. Bolin

Ummm...it depends....

For starters, I always do the following:
    ~I wake up
    ~Turn on my computer
    ~Check EC, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter (in that order)
    ~Put pants and/or clothes on

After that, if we have stuff I like to eat in the kitchen...
    ~I'll eat breakfast

If not...
    ~I'll brush my teeth and get ready for my day