1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Know any people like this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Jul 4, 2012.

1. BudderMC

I realized yesterday that a friend of mine is on paper, the perfect boyfriend, except for two things. First, he's straight (as far as I know at least), and second, I'm just not into him.

I mean, it's not an "I detest this guy for some reason" thing, there's just no chemistry I guess. It sounds stupid, but I never really acknowledged the importance of that spark for desire.

But really, he's cute (classically attractive & by what I personally like), fit, a musician (talented at that, he's signed with a label...), funny, kind, smart, responsible... I could go on. I've yet to find a negative in him. I mean, he's literally everything I'd look for in a guy, I just don't want him. Weird.

Anyone know people like these, who you'd think you should be interested in but aren't?

2. Ridiculous

No.. but there have been a few where I haven't been interested but there has been some sort of chemistry. Which is worse, because it makes it a little uncomfortable sometimes.

3. bob94

Attraction is a weird thing. You're right, it's strange how somebody can be perfect in every way, but we may have no feelings for them. The worst is when you're attracted to somebody who is BAD in every way! I've had one or two of those...not good.

4. aeva

I totally agree. That's sort of how I realized I was gay actually. I started thinking that about every guy. Like, "he's totally my type, we get along amazingly, he's very attractive, he's good hearted and talented...so what's the problem?".

But even part from that, I know exactly what you mean. I have several female friends that, if they were gay, would be completely perfect. But I just don't see them that way. Some people are just meant to be friends, and nothing more, and I have definitely learned that through experience.

5. BudderMC

Fair enough. Nearly all of those qualities (minus being attractive) make him a phenomenal friend too, so I'm not complaining.

@ everyone else, yeah, I guess it could be a lot worse. xD

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I was trying to think if I knew anyone like that, but I think that there is always one small thing that just doesn't allow it to "click". For your example is the fact that he is straight, which just makes that person not the perfect boyfriend anymore so I would stop being attracted to them.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into it. I do know a lot of people that if you could change this or this about them then it might work, but my current bf is really the perfect match right now because I don't need to change anything about him. And yes, I know how corny that sounds

But this is why I believe that you should never take a rejection from someone personally. Its not because there is something wrong with you, you guys just don't "click". I went on dates with awesome guys overall, but then just small things about them would turn me completely off. Its funny to think about.

And I'll stop rambling now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Apparently, I'm the kind of person who falls for people who are seemingly perfect when I'm not supposed to, and it hurts.