1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has had a straight relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mlpguy88, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The title is pretty self explanatory. I was wondering who here has tried being in a quote on quote "normal" relationship.

I expect there will be yeses from bisexuals, pansexuals, and the people in the middle of the Kinsey scale. But even the people who are only homosexual, who here is in or has done the straight thing?

I personally have never had a relationship with anyone so I am curious.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I have had plenty of straight relationship. More than gay relationships actually xD My longest relationship lasted a year and some months.

My boyfriend who says he 95% gay has also had a lot of straight relationships. His longest being 3 years! Its a bit ridcs in my mind xDD

3. DanA

Yep... two actually.

It was hell trying to come out to the last one... just pure hell. But when it happened and I told her, OMG!!!! I think I may have actually died and I'm in heaven right now, because there is no possible way I could ever think of myself as being this happy and free.

Yeah, even though I was in a straight relationship for two years... I'm %100 homo. No doubt.

4. im not changing

yeah iv had more straight relationships than iv had gay... my longest was 2 years :L

5. Night Rain

Well, although I'm pretty sure I'm 5.5 or 6 on the Kinsey scale, there was a time when I attempted to date a girl. :grin:

I was 13 or 14, I had this crush on this one girl, who sangs well and excelled in Physics. She wasn't even in my class. I imagined all sorts of things we would do together, how we would grow old together. It was quite fun. I even gave her gifts and made no attempt to hide my affection for her. She accepted the gifts but we didn't date or anything. We were very innocent. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The thing is she has a boyfriend. xD And what do you know, I found him really cute and I had a semi-crush on him! He did confront me about me and her, but I can't recall what he said, because at the time I was still amazed by his looks and my heart was beating so fast.

Anyway, we all finished middle school afterward and it all died out. It still makes me smile whenever I think about it.

Now that is a true phase that I went through (my hormones were crazy, with me hitting puberty and all). I sort of understand when people say "maybe it's just a phase". :grin:

6. JackWin

Im pretty much a 5.5 / 6 on the scale, but I have had a few girlfriends. Most of them were only because the girl liked me and Im to nice a person to just shut her down.

7. Catkin

The only "relationship" I had was when I was five. I suppose you could call it a straight relationship...maybe. I decided one of the boys in my class was my boyfriend. 'Twas a bit of a twisted relationship for a five year old though - it was a fourway! He already had TWO girlfriends, two little blond twins. The funny thing is though, that I can't remember what my supposed boyfriend looked like at all, but I can still picture those two little twins. Hum, I wonder if that counts as a sign that something was up?

8. timo

I've never had a straight relationship. I was never interested in girls (this should have made me realize I'm not straight yeeeears back) so when everyone in my class started having relationships I was like /care

9. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only had one straight relationship. It lasted a year. I'd quite like to have more :frowning2:, but that clearly won't be for a while. My current bf is pretty awesome though so no complaints here.

10. King

King Guest

I had one, but to classify it as a real relationship would be a stretch... We dated for like, 11 months - we kissed ONCE and I ended up going home and crying afterward. We never had sex or anything even remotely close, haha. We really didn't even like each other. She was a bitch and I just wanted to be her friend.
    Another girl I dated for like two months, she wanted me to fucking love her like she was the only other human on earth, but I couldn't. She was really touchy-feely. I broke up with her in early April 2009 I think... Then came out to my mom a few weeks later. Turns out she ended up becoming genderqueer (but she was crazy, so who knows).
    Bad memories...

King x

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dated a guy for a year.. it was really awkward. Every time I kissed him I felt odd... It just was not for me.

I should have known then that I was gay...

12. Just Passing

Never had a single straight relationship. Then again, I have never had a gay relationship either. Still, maybe one day.

13. MathMan

i've been in one serious straight relationship. we were together 9 months and we were engaged for 3. i haven't been in any gay relationships unfortunately....

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None of them were ever more than a year. But I dated nine girls (not same time obviously) before figuring out I was gay. Two of them however were when I thought I was bisexual. Two lasted 9 months, the rest generally between a month to three months.

15. SocialButterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Since I've just realized who I am I have only had straight relationships. My most recent was three years.

16. RebelD

I haven't had a gay relationship yet, but I had a few straight ones. I regret the last one, it felt like I used her to prove to that I wasn't gay. She did treat me like shit, but that's no excuse for what I did. I'm still friends/friendly with all of them though. :slight_smile:

17. SkyDiver

I've had two. It was mostly just me trying to convince everyone else that I was straight. It worked for a while, but I felt awful about it. Both of those girls know that I am gay now, however, and they forgave me and were really cool about it. :slight_smile:

18. yeah but nothing proper..... like 2 week things when i was in my teens, so i dont really consider it a proper relationship lol.

19. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haven't been in any kind of relationship, perhaps the closest I ever came was the one crush I had in high school. Felt we had alot in common, though she seemed more socially adjusted (Haha,) and I enjoyed talking to and being around her. Though I only hung out with her a couple times outside of school.

However, while I would say I was very fond of her, even if I had the chance I couldn't imagine being in an actual relationship with her. At the time, I still hadn't really delved into the issue of my sexuality, so not knowing any better, just thought I was "in love" with her.

20. Gallatin

I dated a few different girls in high school, and my longest straight relationship was for about six months. She was very religious and didn't want to do anymore than make out, which was perfect for me, because I wasn't too thrilled at the prospect of anything more ha.