1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really want that first kiss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now this is just a rant, I'm not necessarily looking for advice or anything on this topic... just general conversation about the whole thing.

Now a little background.
    If you've been keeping up with some of my recent threads then you'd know that I've been feeling a little down about not having a boyfriend and although my fixation is still there with wanting a boyfriend, I'm making steps to get my mind focused on other things although I doubt me wanting a boyfriend will ever fade away completely.

I feel embarrassed and silly about what I'm about to say and you probably think that I've got more time on my hands than I should but being jobless, friendless doesn't really lend it's self to many options on what to do to pass the time. I've been watching clips on youtube about gay storylines and stuff that happen mostly in the UK soaps but I generally just look for tv/film stuff that just shows gay couples just being couples and too be honest, it probably isn;t helping me get my mind off of the boyfriend thing. I think doing this is also fueling my expectation about the first kiss because let's be honest, nothing is like is on the tv, as much as some of us would like to believe it.

I just really want that first kiss and I know I wanna wait till am with the right guy and that but it just feels like it ain't gonna happen.

Anyways just thought I'd rant a bit. Leave your thoughts

Here's one of these clips I was talking about. Yeah I know, I'm a right soppy sod who should probably get a life instead of watching vids on youtube wishing he had a life. :icon_redf:icon_sad:

Gay Kiss- Aaron and Jackson #2 on Emmerdale 6/17/10 - YouTube

2. Lad123

It may not feel like its going to happen soon but just think 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time?' I bet you won't be living at home still without a job and friends right? So just try to have hope and stay strong (*hug*)

By the way, I used to watch Emmerdale solely for Aaron's gay storyline. I didn't even know about it in fact, I saw the British Soap Awards and it showed a clip of Aaron dealing with his sexuality. I was like 'omg I will be watching it from now on!' xD

3. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It will :slight_smile: if you haven't already, try getting more involved in the gay community. The more you get yourself out there, the better the chances you have of meeting potential mates! Stay optimistic. And you're not a "soppy sod", I love watching youtube videos of guys kissing too hahaha

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Being optimistic is pretty hard for me I guess. I'm always putting myself down or looking at flaws and thinking no one's gonna wanna date me or love me or kiss me in that way.

And well... The gay community in my area seems pretty non existent except for maybe the partying/clubbing gay scene I guess which isn't my thing anyway so I won;t even go at all.

5. GingerGuy

Well, the gay community is also strong online. You are talking to it right now xD.

Perhaps you should try a dating website? If you have so much free time now, it could work. Just make sure you talk to the guy for quite a while before planning a date with him. I too, have never been kissed by a gay, and am slowly starting to consider this option.

Don't be so pessimistic. It's actually a good thing to admit that you have flaws. Try to improve on them, go more to the gym, sleep more, put a smile on your face everyday. I was once extremelly shy but, as I slowly came to terms with my sexuality and identity, those dark days became a very distant memory. You can do the same, trust me. And don't forget: if someone dislikes you for simply being gay, or any other physical characteristic that you were born with, the problem is in them, and not on you.

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Online dating.. Tried it. The free ones seem to full with gay guys looking for only thing or they aren't just my type. (I know looks aren't meant to be everything but every guy I saw I didn't like the look of and if I don't like how they look then there's no hope) The paid ones are too expensive for a jobless guy like me.

So I guess its back to my little old single life.

7. Ianthe

You could organize something yourself around an activity you are interested in. (I know! A monthly Disney movie screening! Or even just a Gay Disney Fan Group--might be easier to meet somewhere in public that way.) Or whatever you want.

Advertise online and in the clubbing/bar scene (with fliers). And put up a facebook page for it.

If it's true that you are in a place that can support a gay club/bar scene, and there really isn't any kind of regular social group, then you will not be the only one wishing there was something. So I would imagine you'll get a lot of takers.

Notify any LGBT community centers in your area of what you are doing, as well, and they can refer people.

Looking for something to get involved in, what is it you are most hoping to find? Organize something like that.

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Seems a bit much for something like me to organise. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't know. Guess I'm just hoping to get some form of a social life and be able to go out and hang out with people instead being stuck in my room

9. Ianthe

Tell your gay friend that you need to hang out more with gay people. He lives near you, right?

Did you tell him you are out to your parents now?

10. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Really. I'm fine

Beside's I wouldn't really call him a friend. More of an acquaintance really since I haven't saw him in ages. He's got his own circle of friends and I've got my own circle of nothing.

Hanging out with him isn't really an option I don't think.

Guess I'll just focus on me and that

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ I would give it a try if I were you. I know it might seem awkward or weird, but most LGBT people will understand where you are coming from and at least try to help you out in some way.

I have personally gone to extremes to help LGBT people that I barely know when they ask for something, and many of my friends have done the same. So, it is an option if you want to take it, but its okay if you don't. Just know that you have it :slight_smile: