1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time travel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alexi12, Jul 5, 2012.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

If you could time travel, when would you go to and why?

It can be in the past or future... Go!

2. Thandrami

Yes!! I would go to the future because I want to see how much the world is going to change (for better or worse) and you don't have to worry about the dangers of altering the future like you would if you traveled into the past.

But tell me this about time travel. If you time traveled into the future and then were ready to go back home, and you traveled back to the exact time you left would that be the past? Because time still moves forward when you were in the future.

3. Shevanel

Aww I was kind of hoping this would be a thread about time travel, like the theoretical prospects of it xD Then I would suggest the film Primer... xD Oh well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Thandrami

You could always create a thread about it! I would join in

5. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Up to you? I'm not a hard core scientist lol..

I think I would want to go into the past, and see something historic such as the gettysberg address in 1863 but I'm not sure...

In the future I'd love to see anything... 1 year vs. 50 years... But i think after that I'd be scared as to what I'd see and have to deal with.

6. Aldrick

Well, since I have access to a time machine, I'm going to the future. First, because I'm curious as hell. I want to know what the future looks like, for good or ill. Knowing the future could also help me prevent some of the bad things that would happen, even if it would alter the future.

While I am in the future, I'll also make note of all significant scientific and technological advances and their repercussions. I'd make sure I'd take plenty of history books and as much information as I could (especially about science and technology), back to the past with me.

I'd then return back to the past, and begin making super smart investments, becoming a Warren Buffet like figure. I'd then use the knowledge I gained about science and technology to implement it early and gain all the patents to it before anyone else.

I'd become insanely rich, and use the money I made to avoid the disasters I could predict were coming. I'd also occasionally hop back into the future to see what repercussions my actions had - whether good or bad. I'd then time travel back in time to myself to give myself forewarning of any undesirable repercussions so I could prevent them from happening in the first place.

Also, I won't lie. The first time I meet myself in the past, I'm going to have sex with myself at least once. I already know what I like, and it's such an interesting experience I couldn't pass it up. The only problem I have with that is I'm not sure if I'd be committing an act of extreme narcissism or incest. I think I'll count it as an act of masturbation. :lol:

I think I probably screwed up the spacetime continuum somewhere... so, I guess the short answer is don't give me a time machine. I'd totally abuse it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Kerploop

I would go back to 9/11. I would probably scream, cry, and shout. Stuff like, "don't go in there! There is going to be a terrible fate for the people who work there. Bleh! Dont do it!" Crazy wacko stuff. Stinkin Osama Bin Laden. ;( I would do what ever it taakes to save those people.

8. Sherri

Pretty much the money thing :lol:. Go into the future, find out who I need to invest in and at which point, and use that information to be quietly wealthy. I don't need to live big. I just want enough to live comfortably and not have to work. I'd make my future my own.

After that, who knows? I'll have money and a time machine. I'd never try to look up what happens to me in the future otherwise, though. As River said, "Spoilers :wink:".

9. Emberstone

I would save america by preventing Ayn Rand from being born.

10. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would go back and invest in Apple. Oh god the money.

Then I'd tell people about significant events that are about to happen. Freak them the fuck out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, the possibilities. You know, if we travel faster than the speed of light... We can theoretically watch time reverse. I mean, half the stars you see in the sky no longer exist (they've already collapsed) but you're still seeing their past, because their 'light' is just now reaching you. What if someone that far away is looking at us through a super-magical telescope currently watching our past HAPPEN?

11. LisforLisa

I would want to travel back to March of this year. Specifically March 5,6 and 22.
    March 5th was probably the most scariest day of my life. But because of that day I figuired out who I was and I found the love of my life. The 6th because it was the first day we officialy meet The 22th because that's when I knew I had a huge crush on her she came back and she was in the library and I stared at her gorgeous face until she left.

12. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (to add...)

And we totally find a way to communicate with them, and they HELP US SOLVE ALL OF HISTORY'S MYSTERIES..?

I swear I don't do drugs.

13. vyvance

I would go to a point in time in the future where space travel had been largely perfected, because I would love to travel around the Universe just seeing what all there is to see.

14. Cascade

I would go forward in time so I could not screw the timeline up in any way. Because who really wants to be responsible for creating a split reality? Then again, who wouldn't want to be responsible for creating a split reality?

Both have pros and cons.

The past would be way too susceptible to tampering, even by accident. Not to mention the low levels of technology. I could be strung up as a witch or something. And the bathroom facilities would not be the best. And the chances of me catching a disease of some kind that exists in the past but not in the present is off the scale. And if I brought it back to the present with me and it spread to the rest of the population horrible things would happen.

The future would be interesting, but then again, the disease problem. Also the potential of seeing the future and if I don't like it, I might try to change some things when I come back to the present, such as avoiding the thing that causes my death.

I'd probably choose the future. Less ways to screw up. Leave it to me to take the fun out of time traveling!

15. Night Rain

The future, way way into the future. xD I don't want to mess up the past and accidentally undo myself (and others).

16. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, what would I do if I had a time machine, Well, go to the future, get a few things and return to the past, lets say just before the Shuttle were designed and give them the new design of future space ship, then return to my current time and see where we are in the space race.

I would also find cures for all kinds of deceases plaguing the human race like AIDS and HIV and all other dangerous illnesses. I would return to the past with the formulas, the pills and processes so that we can cure most of the world.

I would also go back in time get as much food supplies and bring that to my current time, feed the people. Then I would do a proper investigation, and stop the economical crises we face today.

Also I would go back in time and stop oil from ever being discovered, I would take some investment money with me to invest in companies who came up with water powered vehicles and add solar panels to the mix. I think that would help delay the global warming effect considerably.

I think I will do this too, think I myself would make an excellent love partner, if only for a couple of hours, but if it's really good, I'll come every week for that LOL