1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting new people my age...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HanzyPanzy44, Jul 5, 2012.

1. HanzyPanzy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to meet people my own age that are bisexual or at least don't judge me, etc. but I'm too shy to randomly speak to someone that I think looks cute... :icon_redf
    I don't know how to start, or even where to start talking to teenagers!
    School isn't an option and I'll be too embarrassed when I go to college... >__<

Does anyone have any helpful tips for someone as shy as me?
    I would feel a lot happier with myself if I met new people to be friends with. :icon_bigg

2. Thandrami

I understand. I would like to meet some teens who are like me but going to LGBT groups is not an option and school is also not an option.

3. Sherri

You can't let embarrassment stop you from making friends. I mean, you obviously don't have to walk up to just random people and try and make friends, but you could try attending some club meetings and find people who share interests with you. It helps a lot as far as having a reason to be there and something to talk about. If you feel like you can't go to a GSA-type meeting (which you should! I recommend them usually!), you could go to clubs for other interests instead and hope to make some new accepting friends in a more roundabout way. Mostly, you just have to get over your shyness a little bit and put forth the effort. It can be difficult, and you might get burned, but it's also quite rewarding when it works out xD.

4. HanzyPanzy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're right, but I'm not the type to speak to anyone first, and if I went to a meeting or club, I would feel really awkward because I haven't had the chance to meet someone who has the same interests as me or even have the same situation. >__< I don't think there are any meetings around my area, and I must admit, I have attracted a few people but I didn't get the chance to say hey or anything! :S I guess I gotta pluck up the courage next time. xD

5. saw your location.....

couldnt help but think mardi gra.... everyone speaks to anyone and everyone at that dont they im nearly sure? well thats what my ex told me (maybe youve missed it this year but next year you could always go) bit of a way off i know lol but still XD

and also sounds silly but go to cafes and stuff and sit by yourself with a drink people will approach you more when youre alone than when youre with someone....

if you have any specific interests idk.... like books, you could find a book club and go along to that that way you will all have a common interest so it will be easier to talk to people :slight_smile:

if none of this helped then im sorry lol.

6. HanzyPanzy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not very good at going to group outings or clubs, etc. if I'm on my own, I would go if someone were to go with me or if I knew someone from there. 'Round here, you get targeted easily if you're on your own, so sitting alone in a cafe won't be an option, unless I go to a crowded book shop or library. xD
    I guess I'll have a look 'round in shops for any sort of clubs or group outings and such, and hopefully I meet somebody that has similar interests. :slight_smile: Thanks.