1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cassidypaige, Jul 6, 2012.

1. cassidypaige

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey there! :smilewave

So I always had little crushes on boys as I was growing up, but I also could feel attraction to girls.
    In middle school during a game of "Truth or Dare," I was dared to make-out with my best friend Krystal, and I instantly knew I liked girls.
    At first I thought maybe I was a lesbian, but I still liked boys, and soon there after I knew that I was bisexual. I feel like it was simpler for me to figure it out, then it is for a lot of other people. I was 12. :eusa_danc

So I was wondering, How did you know? When did you figure out your own orientation?

2. BajanBoy13

I guess I realised when I just started becoming more and more attracted to guys,I denied it for a while saying how I didn't want to have a relationship with a man.This went on for a few months then I went to New York and it was amazing,then I found EC and all my questions where answered.

3. LisforLisa

I've never had any crushes on guys I only had crushes on girls. I though guys bodies were gross and I though girls bodies were hot. That's how I figuired it out.

4. MLP BonBon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I realized I was gay when I realized I had feelings for my best friend. I also tried to deny it, but I bottled it up for too long and after a while just started crying in front of my friend!

5. laras

I am starting to know more know talking to people on here thats for sure!

I knew I liked both when I was 14 though.

6. Stormy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :icon_bigg

7. Kerploop

I just kept having a feeling building up in me over the years. That feeling was for girls, more then boys.

8. Neutrality

I guess the first hint I remeber is wanting to kiss my best friend in 5th grade and always getting really uncomfortable when we slept in the same bed as kids cause. Would wondering what it felt like to cuddle then freak out and scoot to the edge of the bed....I guess I actually knew at like 19 when I had my first kiss with a boy...though I didn't accept it untill like this year.

9. GingerGuy

Like most gay people. I'll keep it simple:

Couldn't stop staring at my athlectic classmates in the lockeroom. And after going home, I acted upon those thoughts with my right hand.

10. Silvails52

I got a seriously bad crush on my one guy friend. I tried to write it off as a one-time thing. Then it happened again, and again, and again. At first, I tried to deny it. But the feelings were so much stronger than the feelings I had for girls.

11. brocub

My genitals activated upon witnessing attractive men (and continue to do so).

I've always wanted to phrase it like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I had an epiphany after asking myself why I'd been looking up hot (clothed) photos of my favourite hottest female celebrities for about 6 hours, why I'd been getting crushes on women for like a decade, and why I found women so attractive. Seriously! The answer came to me in an instant. I'd never asked the question before...

13. secretguyX

I started having crushes and being attracted to girls in 6th grade, and I've always had smaller crushes on guys as well. For a while in between I stopped liking guys, but now I like both guys and girls, and know I'm bisexual.

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when i was 24 i was drunk and it just came to me while having a bawdy sexual conversation

15. Chickzak

This a tiny bit :slight_smile:

16. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just always knew. It's difficult to explain.

When I was a kid I didn't realize two guys or two girls could be together. I thought that in order to be with a guy, I'd have to become a girl. I was fine with that, even at such a young age. Around age 12 or so I heard about gay and lesbian people. I just knew that was for me. That was what I was.

17. Chickzak

Damn, I'm just trying to think of the turning point but I cant figure what it was that made me start to question. I think its just:
    - I never had a real interest in guys whilst all my friends did since secondary school
    - I realised I had a lot of respect and ...love for girls I had gotten to know, suppose personality wise. From this I began to question.
    - .. .and as of recently, loads of crushes (that I dont usually have, I say usually, I mean before September-ish).
    But yeah.. I've spent way long posting this because I'm starting to wonder myself, when did Iactually figure? :eusa_eh:

18. SkyHunter

SkyHunter Guest

When I realized my love for people other than women (specially men) was growing more and more and wasn't the stage I had thought it was. I didn't feel like I was bi, but after discovering what pansexuality was I somehow knew that was me :slight_smile:

19. loveless1937

I was in seventh grade when I first started questioning. Before then, I didn't have any idea that girls were even an option romantically (mainly because my dad is an ex pastor and his dad is a pastor so we are very churchy) but then I started getting this weird feeling whenever I was around my best friend. Then when she spent the night at my house or I at hers, I started freaking out. Because I didn't think romantic feelings were acceptable. I never acted on my little crush on her. But I finally came out to everyone except myself in the ninth grade. I say everyone but me because I just recently let myself believe it to be true. I had been dating guys and kissing guys but I just never actually got the butterflies or the romantic feelings. I just liked the feeling that someone wanted me. But I never actually wanted them. And, can I be perfectly (and embarrassingly [geez I can't spell] for me) honest here? Well, even if I can't, I'm going to be. I still haven't kissed a girl. Not yet anyway. That's only because the (only) girl I dated was in the closet and made sure that we only saw eachother in public. But I felt those romantic butterfly feelings that heterosexual girls get when they see their guy crushes. And I had never felt those before. So I just finally let myself believe it to be true. No matter what anyone else thinks. You gotta just be yourself and face the consequences right? Well, that's what I'm doing. And that is my longwinded coming out story.

20. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ this.