1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting outed in your dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Catkin, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Catkin

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar dreams.

The last time I visited my friends we were all staying in a youth hostel together. It was basically the first time I saw them since I started questioning all this stuff. That night, I dreamt that someone outed me to them, and woke up with my heart pounding, not sure if my dream had actually happened in reality.
    Yesterday I had a dream where I was in the room with my mum and my little sister, and my sister wouldn't stop asking me if I liked someone. She was clearly trying to get a rise out of me, she had a really knowing, derisive look on her face and wouldn't let me flip the question back onto her. The fact that I was more bothered by her questions than the headless corpse on the other side of the room is a bit ridiculous.

(The really funny thing is that I'm not actually that sure yet Whether I really do like girls or not, although my dreams definitely seem to think so.)

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While never having had a dream in which I was outed, prior to coming out I was terrified that if I were to talk in my sleep I may say something incriminating and out myself in my sleep. Does that count?

3. Catkin

Yup, that counts.

4. Harve

You know what is bad? Getting outed by your sleep talking.

edit: yeah, I should've read the second post in the thread rather than just scanning.

5. Lad123

Yes, I get these dreams all the time! Its either something to do with my sexuality or I'm late for something like a test or lesson and I can't find the room. I tend to wake up in a cold sweat from these nightmares.

6. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't recall if I had any dreams of being outed, but a few years ago my mom told me that she had a dream that I was gay and seemed really surprised by that. At the time I was still closeted and it freaked the hell out of me to hear her say that. I just joked the notion away with her, but it haunted me for a while. I came out a year ago and she was really supportive though. While some dreams can be very bizarre, I think there are elements of truth in them that you can at least draw interpretations from, whether they just metaphorically represent something or blatantly deal with some issue that has been pervasive in your mind (like coming out/being outed).

7. FJ Cruiser

I used to have dreams where I was outed fairly often. They were terrifying yet relieving at the same time. It may sound weird, but I find situations where I'm not the one in control exhilarating. Now that I'm out to most of the important people in my life, I don't have those dreams really, but now I sense I'm going to have one where my grandmother finds out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have these dreams quite often. In fact, I actually had one last night.. Funny that I'm seeing this thread now lol, good timing.

Let me tell you, there is no higher feeling of happiness and relief than waking up and thinking, "It was just a dream..."

9. mes1995

I had a dream a few months ago my cousin asked his mom if i was gay and i woke up right after that and i felt kinda nervous..i don't think that counts as being outed though.

10. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A few weeks ago I had a dream where I was outed... don't remember exactly but it went something like this:

We were having some sorta family get-together & were out on the deck (maybe bar-b-q'ing) .. my sister started asking some questions/or said something that basically outed me to the parrents who were right there. Then ofcourse mother started in on me... I cut the conversation of saying something to the effect of "doesn't matter I'm going to find a bridge to jump off soon now"

----
    Interestingly that dream didn't 'scare' me the way nightmares usually do ... I simply "knew what I had to do"