1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Days At Work...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thandrami, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Thandrami

Had an awful day at work. I work the front counter at Burger King (been working here for a little over a week now) and there is a manager there whom EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE dislikes. Well I worked 8am-4pm and it was just me, that manager, and a kitchen member. Well the manager put me on drive through (which I have worked all of 45 minutes before) (OH and I have never worked breakfast before therefore I do not know the menu at all....) So this manager sticks me on drive through and if you haven't worked in a drive through it can be REALLY hard to understand people, anyways she stuck me there and just walked away knowing I haven't worked drive through really at all. Sometimes I wouldn't understand the people and I would ask the manager for help and she was like "I had to work drive thru my second day all by myself and if you want to keep your job here you have to learn how to do it!" I honestly was trying but it can be really hard and I would ask her where some of the buttons for the breakfast menu were and she was like find them yourself. She basically ruined my entire day...

So my question to you is what do you do to relax/cheer yourself up after having a bad day?

2. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sorry you had a bad day!!

When i have a bad day to relax i usually just take a long bath, or complain to my friends on the phone, talking really helps

3. Thandrami

Thats funny because I just got done taking a long bath and im currently complaining to my friend on the phone xD

4. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your manager sounds like a douche.

It's their job to train you -.-

5. Aldrick

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. (*hug*)

Your manager is wrong. It was her job to train you and make sure you knew what you were doing. That is her job. Her failure is not a reflection upon you. In all likelihood the issue comes from higher up, because she either shouldn't be in the position she is in (she is unsuited) or she herself wasn't properly trained.

Either way, you shouldn't let that ruin your day. You do have control over that.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being Burger King, I think you could bring this up to the General Manager or even Human Resources. I know yes it could cause issues cause she could return with "oh he never asked", etc. But I still say it couldn't hurt, but I'd like to know what other people think.

I've had some rough days at work, some better than others. Probably the one that annoyed me some was working at another fast food chain and I had been there about a year when I found out the two others in my training group were now working on drive-thru and so I kept asking if I could be trained on it. The manager said she'd let me know when the next training was coming up, and then when I asked again about a week or two later she'd tell me "oh sorry Revan (not actual name obviously) but we had the training last week". So yeah, eventually I just gave up, started calling in sick, and eventually quit. I don't use it as a reference anymore that's for sure because I know I'd get nothing but a bad review, that and the manager's moved on from that store