1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time between relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flyinhernikes, Jul 9, 2012.

1. i stumbled across something and thought it was interesting and it made me think of this.

how long do you go between relationships? what do you think it says about you as a person?

how do you feel about others who get another relationship straight away after the last broke up and cant seem to be single/always seemingly have to be in a relationship?

2. Night Rain

How do you feel about others who get another relationship straight away after the last broke up and cant seem to be single/always seemingly have to be in a relationship?

I would think that they will break up soon, and most, if not all of their relationships are fake, you know, not coming from the heart yada yada yada. If it happens too many times, I would even go so far as to call them slutty.
    XD

3. I think it's not healthy in a lot of cases to jump right into another relationships after one ends. I read somewhere that you should be staying single and working on yourself and your life for one month for every year you were with the person. That seems to make a lot of sense to me, but I don't know if it needs to be that long for everyone.

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent three years between my first and second relationship. In between, I dated on and off, but never very long with any one person (one or two dates tops). Sometimes I would even take some time off from that, for maybe a few months at a time. I don't know what it says about me, I just find the time to myself is helpful to recenter things in my life. Plus my first relationship lasted a long time, so that probably made a difference.

It's hard to say what this means in every person's case, but my gut instinct is usually that this has to do with a person not being comfortable with themself or having low self-esteem. They seem to find some kind of affirmation in relationships that they can't (or don't believe they can) get somewhere else. But again, it's hard to say. They could just be dating casually. Or they could just not be investing in partners emotionally so it's easier to move it. Difficult to know exactly how to feel about it, so I try not to worry unless they're clearly harming themself somehow.