1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your First Memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kerploop, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Kerploop

What is your first memory? The first thought or memory you remember from being a child? Mine is being at the beach with my parents.... I think I was 3 or 4. Now go ahead!:icon_bigg

2. Nathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first memory was riding on a big blue rollercoaster. Which doesn't make sense, because it was before I was even 3 years old. But it was so vivid, and in retrospect it was exactly like what riding on a rollercoaster is like. I can even remember the people sitting next to me, a woman with long brown hair and a man with dirty-blonde hair. I don't know if it was just an amazingly vivid and accurate dream or if it was from a past life or something lol.

3. IrisM

My first memory was when I was three, I saw my mom putting on lipstick and then took it and put it on myself, and then drew pictures on the wall. I got in a lot of trouble for it too. =x

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was two, the neighbors who lived behind us had a pony, which lived in ther backyard. My sister, a couple of other kids and I were at our fence, offering the pony handfuls of grass. I held out dirt instead and my sister told me off. It's weird how strongly I remember it.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first memory I can recall is of my family moving - shortly before my sister was born. I must have been 2 or 3. But I remember the movers taking out the entertainment center and it left these groovy lines in the carpet. I remember playing in the lines and pretending they were cages. To this day I still love it when furniture leaves marks in carpeting.

I'm sure I have earlier memories, but this one is pretty vivid at the moment.

6. Aldrick

My earliest memory is from when I was around two years old or so, I'm guessing. All the bedrooms were upstairs, including my own. It was night time, and it was time for bed. My parents were in the living room and told me to go upstairs to bed. I don't remember if I said anything, but I remember being scared at being alone. So, I didn't go all the way up. I sat in the stairway and looked through the railings at my parents. When they noticed I hadn't gone all the way upstairs, I think it was my dad who yelled at me and told me to go to bed. I went into my room, starting to cry... but...

Under the blue carpet in the room was a square metal vent thing. It wasn't connected to anything, and if you pulled back the carpet (which you could easily do), you could see downstairs into the living room. So that's what I did. I pulled back the carpet so I wouldn't be alone. Then I went to sleep on the floor looking through the vent.

Wow. That sounds so sad when I write it down. :icon_sad:

Also, it's shockingly vivid as well, considering we left that house for the one I eventually grew up in when I was around three or four years old, lol.

#6 Aldrick, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. Zontar

I can't pin down when exactly my earliest is. I have a ton from when I was like roughly 2 to 4 though.

What had to have been one of the earliest was me climbing the steps at my old house. I had with me a white teddy bear I was bringing up with me. I remember sitting there at the top of the steps, holding the teddy bear, looking at it, and thinking to myself how sad it would make me if something bad ever happened to it...I must've had a sort of attachment to it, could've been my favorite toy at the time. I was hugging it trying to show it that I cared about very much and would never let anything bad happen to it.

All I have left of it is a picture. I don't know what ever happened to him.

#7 Zontar, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. Vesper

It may have been that one time, when I was 3 or 4, when I got upset when my grandmother left my side to take my picture, but my memory of that event is pretty faint.

9. Hiems

My fondest memory was when I was about 3 or 4. This was when I lived at an apartment in New York.

My parents, 3 brothers, 2 sisters, and I bought a lot of Chinese food and ate it on the living room floor. We used newspapers on the floor to catch any food. The newspapers were for inexpensive, easy cleanup. Good times...

10. Priler

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My sister woke me up in the midle of the night and we snuck out through a window and I saw a Stenopelmatus for the first time, I was about 4yo.

11. sanguine

when I was 2-3, I was one of those annoying brat kind of baby/toddler that loved to break everything I could get my hands on, thus the earliest memory I can think of was taking apart my grandpas radio and on the same day, pouring taking milk out of the fridge and pouring it everywhere

12. SkyDiver

Being surrounded by my aunts who were all talking about how cute I was. They were playing peek-a-boo as well. I was probably about 2.

13. FJ Cruiser

It was waking up in my grandfather's airplane sobbing because I was scared by the loud sound of the engine. I was 18 months old apparently since that was the last time I was in his plane. Continuous memory starts at about 3 for me.

14. Deaf Not Blind

um, kickick fast and hard, push both legs very stiff, then fast turn over other side or it will come back in too fast and must gather strength to try again. idk how old i was inside mom.

day i was born, i thought doctor was going to make my room bigger cuz it to too small, and so delivered to waiting room and he was construction man? so i was happy to have freedom to wiggle my arms an feet again! it had been awhile! and i was sooo happy my toys/friends...my fingers and toes, had come with me! (i had yanked also on the cord, thus i had a hernia). then a nurse wrapped me tight. dang! but they took a picture of me with an accordion pleated black camera with flash, man did it. i had 2 women 1 man nurse. many babies, one kept crying, made me so mad! i wanted to sleep!

i can tell more of my 1st days if you like?

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2012 at 12:27 AM ----------

you met Big Bird and Snuffleouphogus? :icon_bigg

15. dairyuu

Mine is at about 1 and a half, sitting on the stairs of our old condominium, watching my dad fix a doorknob. My life is boring.

16. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

My first memory was when I was around 8 months old. I remember being a carriage, on the side of a hospital with my mother. There was a lot of grass on the side, and I remember my carriage was facing the hospital, and my mom was standing there waiting for someone. I figured out which hospital it was that I remember, and when I see it in a picture, I know that it's the same one. She was there for a friend, but I guess she didn't want to wait for her friend inside the hospital, so we waited outside. I remember a ton of things from my childhood, from minor details, so major ones, sometimes I even remember the clothes I wore on a certain day, if that day had some significance. It's almost like I could play back the memories in my mind, and I could see them happen again.

17. Toony

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My earliest memories are kind of blurred together, so I can't really tell which one was first.
    But the one that sticks out the most is from when I was probably around three...
    I was at the doctor's office because I'd eaten too many apples from our tree, and made myself completely ill. Whoops.

18. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I remember my mom asking me if I wanted to go to Toys R Us, and I was upset 'cause I'd never heard of it before and thought she was making me choose between having her or having toys.

I remember being woken up and being told that I was 4 that day.

I remember singing "where oh where did my little dog go" in preschool.

I remember being in a tiny plastic box at the hospital, and doctors were standing over me. They were jut about to administer the anasthesia, and they said it would smell like bananas. They put this dark yellow mask over my face, and I can't quite explain the sensation, or how awful it is (I never could stand those masks). It didn't smell like bananas, and I remember the following Christmas I got a banana in my stocking and I stil couldn't stand the idea of a banana.

I vaguely remember just after I got my G-Tube installed, and they ried to make me drink some grape-flavored medicine. I hate grape-flavored stuff, so they decided not to fight me and just emptied the medicine straight through the tube.

My earliest memories were probably around 2 or three.

19. BajanBoy13

The memory I kinda remember was when I was something like 1 and I was already swimming in the pool..before I could walk,My mum would just like drop me and I would paddle and then she would lift me up when I needed air x_x. People must've thought she was crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Jonathan

I don't entirely know what my first memory is, but it is most likely one of these two.

1.) I remember being at a store and holding my first sippy cup (that my mom was going to buy).

2.) I remember dancing naked to a song during the show Gullah Gullah Island on Nick Jr :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: