1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would I know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HanzyPanzy44, Jul 9, 2012.

1. HanzyPanzy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I tell if someone is attracted to me? I mean, how would I know if they fancy me?
    Would there be certain signs or would there be any actions they do that would indicate that they're interested?

Whenever I go out shopping with my dad, brother, etc., I sometimes wear a headband to remove my fringe for the day and recently I've gotten a few guys chatting to me in the shops or eyeing me up. I've even managed to have a girl eyeing me and because she worked in a fast food restauraunt, I had extra in my meal. (bonus!)
    But what I would like to know, apart from the signs, is how would I pluck up the courage to give them my number, or talk to them about something we may have in common?:confused:

Anything would be helpful right now, it's just confusing! D:

2. Sherri

I'd say compliment them. People love talking about themselves, and compliments go a long way toward starting a new conversation. If you say you love a girl's shirt or somesuch and ask her where she got it from, she'll probably tell you, and then you can talk about how you love that place, too, or blah blah blah.. just anything to get conversation flowing so that you can pick up on a shared interest.

3. HanzyPanzy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm shy when it comes to meeting new people, and it's difficult for me to be the conversation starter. I do try to say something but I just can't, my mind goes all over the place and I end up just smiling and walking away. :frowning2:

4. PuzzlePieces

I know how you feel! I'm shy about talking to new people as well. one thing I do is give THEM the signs! When you let them know you're also interested and checking them out too, that will give them more confidence and reassurance to come up to you:slight_smile: But it's also good to come out of your comfort zone, try talking to someone! If it doesn't work out and ends up disasterously, chances are that you will never see that person again! And someday it will probably end up being quite funny.:slight_smile:

5. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

It's so hard to talk to new people, I know that frustration as well, haha. If you want to gain the courage, you have to just do it. You have to think of how you could benefit from it as well as that once you do it, there's no turning back on it. The easiest thing to do is to probably just compliment them, or show little hints that you're just as interested in them as they are in you. The easiest way to have a conversation about your similarities is to bring up something that you can see physically about them, like, if they're wearing a particular shirt, maybe a band shirt or something, you could say you like that band, and you could start talking about them, then from there, you can branch out into the whole category of music and ask them what music they like, and just keep connecting the topics to another similar topic. After you talk about musical taste, you can ask if they play instruments, then from there, you can talk about talents, and even from there, you could keep going. Like, just pick something you notice about them, and start out very general, and just keep connecting. The band shirt is just an example, that won't always be the case, but it's a good way to keep the conversation going. And, if you want their number, wait until you're about to leave, and right when you turn to walk away, turn back, and say "wait.. do you have anywhere I can contact you at, you seem very cool" and after having a conversation about similarities, I'm sure they'd give you some contact information :slight_smile: