1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Dating - Successful or Unsuccessful

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now I know we can't mention names here but I just wanted to know if any of you have had success with online dating and did you managed to find a gay online dating site that wasn't geared towards sex.

Also

Has anyone been unsuccessful with online dating?
    What was your experience?

Is it worth it?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I haven't really dipped my feet into it all that deeply (not enough to meet anyone), but my experience has been largely positive. Part of that might be because the site I'm on is, from what I've heard, the least skeevy, most legit dating site out there.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So they do exist lol

Most of the site's I've been on seem geared toward the whole hook-up/sex road and don't let room for people like me who are just looking to find someone

4. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

I havent even tried an online dating site. I know too many people whose experiences have been less than stellar.

5. it has been successful for me.... well.... we broke up but, it was successful.

my only serious relationship was with a girl i met online.
    my intent was never to date her, we were good friends but we ending up dating for a year, but then she broke my heart lol. i then realised i never knew her at all... could of been because of the way we met, im not sure.

but overall i would say ive got on well with those sites.
    though my intent is never to date anyone just to talk to a load of people, pretty much like here. if i make friends i make friends, if i dont i dont. im not fussed either way :slight_smile:

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried it briefly at one point and I didn't find it successful at all. I talked to a few people online but never actually met with anyone outside of that.

7. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I am in the process of trying it. So far I haven't had the best experience, but then again, I doubt that it has been any worse than if I were going to a bar or other traditional place to meet people. My biggest problem has been finding someone I would want to date and then figuring out how to go about contacting them when I see someone promising.

8. Level75

Unsuccessful. I've given up and have decided to hope for a real life meeting instead.

9. TheDifferent13

I'm currently visiting a certain online dating site, just to chat with and maybe get to know some local LGBT people (since I personally don't know any), and I have to agree that there are a lot of people just looking for sexdates and such, but I've talked to a few guys, who are ok and are just looking for some friends to talk to, like me.

I even got in contact with a guy that's REALLY cute :rolle: and so far he seems like a great guy, I just hope I don't mess something up and discourage him from further chatter lol.

10. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Having signed up on an online dating site about a month ago, I've gone a few dates already and had predominantly good experiences. I guess you can say they were "unsuccessful" in the sense that I haven't found a stable with any just yet, but it's definitely fun meeting new people! :slight_smile: