1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone a romantic like me? (Please tell me I'm not the only one lol)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Is anyone else like me out there?

I picture out things will go you know like first kiss and first time for being intimate or just being together like watching a film all snuggled up or just romantic soppy music.

Dammit I sound really cheesy and silly don't I cause I know these moments won;t be a special as there are in my head or... hell they might be better. Who knows lol

Please tell me I'm not alone :icon_redf:icon_redf

2. DanA

That's exactly what I want in relationships :grin:

I like cooking dinner for my man, holding hands, sneaking kisses, snuggling, cuddling... I'm a big fan of all that.

3. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

You are not alone. I want the same stuff you mentioned.

4. Roz

Roz

I tend to over romanticize, myself. I do it with everything, really. A character flaw/strength of my personality type is to instinctively plan, execute and lead. It can come off as a bit OCD/overbearing/controlling because if it doesn't happen as I pictured while planning, I get really irritated.

I'm the type that can have their cake and eat it too. I don't ever say no, or I can't to myself. So whenever something is denied or done wrong...yeah I don't take it well. I spoil myself, both a good and bad thing. :badgrin:

5. Neutrality

This sounds like exaclty what I want with a boyfriend...I imagine sitting infront of a fireplace on a snowy day, cuddled up under the covers and drinking hot chocolate. I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants romantic stuff with a guy.

6. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Yes, I'm totally the same way. And I find that less and less people are that way, people would rather just be in a relationship for sex, or for a short amount of time, and then they're on to someone else. I like having everything I say, or do, mean something. I like everything to be romantic, and cute, and usually those things are the cheesiest, but I'm a very cheesy person. Being romantic is a good quality because not many people actually possess it. I want those things, like, the dates on a beach, watch the sunset kind of date, not a typical dinner date. I'd rather bond with someone on a beach where there's more focus on each other, rather than at a restaurant where we'd both be focused on food. I'm more of that kind of person. If I could find the right person, without dating any others, I would rather do that, than date many people on the course of finding the right one, because I need to store up my romance for that one person. I don't see people doing it often, which hopefully makes me stand out :slight_smile:

7. Gallatin

Total romantic right here. All the stuff you guys have mentioned is right up my alley.

8. Derpette

Same here. Although people mostly think I'm not all for this stuff I totally am. Just haven't had an opportunity to prove that yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But maybe it's my fault that nobody would say that I'm a romantic, in public I try to act all tough, but inside..you know :slight_smile:

9. Hiems

You're definitely not alone. I would want a relationship like that. Not only would I like to do simple things like watching movies or eating out, but also adventurous things, too (e.g. snowboarding, going to foreign countries, etc). It's about creating memories with that special someone... someday...

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Yup, massive hopeless romantic, here. As one of my high school friends once told me, "Beneath your verbosity and sometimes callous exterior, you are the biggest softy. Like, ever." I haven't had many of those kinds of moments we all fantasize about, but I've had enough with the guy I used to date to know that they can be just as awesome as I imagine them to be and that I want them to be part of my eventual relationship (when it happens...). I'd love to snuggle while watching a movie or listening to music, or sit next to each other in a café with one of us resting his head on the other's shoulder, or hold hands while walking down the street (because I'm a big, imposing guy, and I like big, imposing guys, so who's going to mess with us? :slight_smile:), or just have those casual moments where we look into each others' eyes and smile. Mmm, I'm getting lovey-dovey just thinking about it. :eusa_shif

11. As "cold" as I may appear on the outside. I do dream of doing all those cutesy things; making a homemade dinner together, have a few glasses of wine, cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. While making dinner, it'd be all playful and fun.

Going for walks, holding hands, sitting in the park just holding each other, resting our heads against one another. Talking about whatever is on our mind.

Building snowmen, throwing snowballs at each other, then heading inside under a nice warm blanket.

Or even just writing notes of appreciation once in awhile. Or leaving messages on the fogged up mirror from the shower for one another to read. "Love you babe"

Just all that stuff I see other couples do. Except it'd be ours... *sigh*

12. Pain

Pain Guest

Oh, gosh, I'm incredibly sappy!!!!! :grin:
    I never run out of things to say when I sweet-talk my boo ♥
    I love holding his hand and resting on him, and it never gets old in saying how beautiful I think he is, or letting him know (like 500x/day) that I love him ♥
    :grin:
    And I love getting it back ;3

13. King

King Guest

Apparently I'm a minority! I don't like the idea of being uber romantic. It feels cheesy and boring. I don't think I'd be able to cuddle with my boyfriend and watch a romantic movie while we exchange words on how beautiful we are inside and out... I'd probably start laughing and leave.

King x

14. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not alone. :slight_smile: I dream of those things too.

15. IrisM

I would love nothing more, once I've had my transition and srs, for my princess charming to come around and sweep me off my feet. <3

16. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would love pretty much everything mentioned in this thread. Oh well, I have to wait.

17. Night Rain

Haha exactly my thoughts.:roflmao: A little romantic would be perfect, not over the top.

18. toms7

I am one too I lot

19. julia

YES, definitely! Don't get me wrong, sex is great but holding hands, kissing, cuddling, going on dates, taking night walks, etc, is my weakness. I'm a huge sap.

20. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I feel allot like like what you guys are say'n as aswell

Sitting close together by the fireplace on a cold winter day watching TV or a movie (or even just listening to music).
    Cuddling up together in bed during winter...and then waking up in eachothers arms the next morning.

Going camping on a nice warm summer day just spending a whole day/night alone together relaxing...

pretty much what I'd want is something like 'true love' not sex

#20 SimplyJay, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012